Why are angle grinders so important in the workshop or home toolkit?
The answer is simple. Angle grinders give you the power to make quick work of tough jobs, like cutting metal or shaping wood. They’re also a must-have for those days when you need to be extra careful with your cuts and don’t want any jagged edges left behind.
BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 Angle Grinder
- Metal gear case for durability and longer life
- 3 Position side handle provides added comfort and control
- Narrow body for comfortable grip
This means that an angle grinder is not just a tool but an essential part of every expert shop owner’s arsenal – as well as anyone who needs to do some heavy-duty DIY projects around their home!
But which one should you get?
There are plenty on the market today, both new and old models. The trick is figuring out which one will suit your particular needs best!
That’s why we’ve put together this guide, which will help you pick the best angle grinders for everything from cutting metal to shaping anything!
10 Best Angle Grinders Based on Our Research & Testing
|BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 Angle Grinder||• Metal gear case for durability|
• 3 Position side handle
• Narrow body for comfortable grip
|Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder||• 3.75 pounds weight|
• 6.0 amp motor
• Offers a 2 position side auxiliary handle
|Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder||• 7.5 AMP motor |
• Small diameter barrel grip
• Lock on/off feature
|DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder||• 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 RPM motor|
• Dust Ejection System
• Oversized brushes provide 2 times brush life
|Metabo HPT Angle Grinder||• Includes 4 1/2" angle grinder|
• 6.2 amp motor
• Spindle lock
|Milwaukee 2780-20 Angle Grinder||• Powerstate Brushless Motor|
• Redlink Plus Intelligence Provides Optimized Performance
• Redlithium Xc5.0 Battery Pack
|DeWalt DCG413B Cordless Angle Grinder Tool||• Brushless motor of the angle grinder|
• DEWALT grinder's brake stops wheel in 2 seconds or less on average
• Kickback Brake engages when a pinch, stall
|PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder||• 7.0-amp Motor|
• 11,000 Rpm
• 3-position Side Handle
|Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder||• 6.2 Amp Motor|
• Spindle Lock For Quick And Easy Disc And Accessory Changes
• Trigger Lock On For Comfortable
|Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder||• 7.5 Amps Motor|
• Slim, Lightweight, And Compact Body Design
• Integrated Spindle Lock On The Disc Grinder
1. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 Angle Grinder
Every workshop needs a reliable and heavy-duty tool that can tackle any tough job. This Black and Decker BDEG400 angle grinder is one of the few tools that will get the job done without any trouble at all!
Features of the BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 Angle Grinder
- This machine is designed with durability in mind with a tough metal gear case made to last and withstand even the most intense workloads.
- Plus, you don’t need to worry about this grinder overheating.
- It has a 3 position side handle and a convenient trigger switch allowing users to reach awkward angles when needed.
- You can adjust from low speed all the way up to 10,000 RPM, meaning that it will do whatever job you need it to without compromising on versatility.
- Built with portability in mind, this tool would be the perfect add-ons when tackling messy hobbies like woodworking or metalwork!
- This means there’s no need for tripping over vacuum cleaner cords while you’re working with your angle grinder; it’s safe; It’s lightweight at only 4.4 pounds; It has a too low vibration level, which makes it much quieter than other angle grinders.
- The ergonomic, slimline narrow body, and compact angle grinder design fit easily into hard-to-reach spaces.
Pros & Cons of BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 Angle Grinder
- Durable and portable
- Comfortable to use
- Easy to control the speed
- It comes with a spindle lock that allows you to change accessories easily
- Its narrow body makes the saw easy to maneuver
- The one-touch release switch works efficiently
- This grinder has a side handle that you can adjust to keep the control
- It operates at 10,000 RPM
- The user manual is lousy
- It might not be ideal for commercial use.
2. Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder
Bosch has long been a trusted name in the world of power tools, and it’s easy to see why once you start using this powerful angle grinder.
Bosch made two significant improvements with this model that all users will appreciate.
- Positioning handle locations are now on either side of the grinder, which allows for both left- and right-handed use simultaneously.
- The other improvement is a new epoxy coating, which protects it from any debris found in an industrial environment.
Features of the Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder
- This 1375A model is equipped with a highly versatile 6.0 amp motor that can produce up to 11,000 RPM – perfect for just about any job you need to be done.
- It also features an ergonomic slimline handheld design that makes accidental slippage much less likely during hard-to-reach projects like remodeling your bathroom or scrubbing down dirty garage walls. Best yet?
- It has a slimline design that can easily be maneuvered under challenging circumstances such as small nooks and crannies, not to mention the durability it is made from will withstand the toughest conditions you put it in without budging.
- For general operation, this angle grinder’s spindle adjusts easily between 5/8 inches and 11 inches, so you can quickly change your disk size depending on what you need to work with at the time.
Pros & Cons of the Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder
- Extremely lightweight, weighing 3.75 pounds
- The motor delivers extreme power to use for professional grinding & cutting applications
- It can grind and cut with ease
- It boasts an ergonomically designed handle on the top
- It’s easy to maintain
- The grinder features an epoxy coated design that ensures its durability
- A sealed switch helps to keep debris and dust away.
- Impressive design and quality
- The included wrench makes wheel swapping easy and quick
- It has an appropriate guard for safety
- Easy to set up and use
- The variety of wheels and blades makes it versatile.
- The control button is to the left, which causes constant shut off
- The size is a little bit small.
3. Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder
- A high-output 7.5 AMP motor
- A Lock on/off feature for continual operation
- Oversized paddle switch.
If you’re a handyman on a budget of all a DIY enthusiast, then you’re going to love this Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder.
If power is what you need most in an angle grinder, then the powerful 7.5 amp motor on the Makita 9557PBX1 will make sure your job gets done fast – and with ease!
Features of the Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder
- It features an immensely powerful motor that delivers up to 11,000 RPMs
- The small diameter barrel grip allows users to reach out awkward spaces without fear of slippage; this means there’s no need to worry about looking like a messy person after your garage workshop with this tool!
- The labyrinth brush seals help protect from dust particles getting into the machine while working, reducing blow-outs. This not only makes this angle grinder more effective by protecting internal components but also ensures its operation will last long without requiring you to replace it anytime soon.
- The lightweight design ensures you can bring this tool with you anywhere without worrying about weight or excessive load.
- It has a spindle lock that allows for quick and easy disk changes while working, which means no more fiddling around with tools while trying to get your work done!
Pros & Cons of the Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder
- The powerful motor ensures long-lasting industrial performance
- The device starts up smoothly
- It’s versatile
- Its labyrinth construction protects the grinder from dust
- The big paddle switch helps in smoother operation
- It features thicker coil wires that minimize energy and heat loss
- The all-ball bearing design ensures its durability
- The grinding wheels can tackle stainless steel and also mild steel.
- It doesn’t come with a variable speed mechanism.
- It has a risk of overheating.
4. DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder
- A next-gen 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 RPM motor
- Dust ejection system
- Two times brush life.
The DEWALT DWE402, a product in the Professional tool range, is a powerful grinder. This grinder with an 11 AMP AC/DC motor runs extremely efficiently when working on various materials from metal to wood. This grinder is excellent for shaping or smoothing large areas.
Features of the DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder
- This rugged yet lightweight design has a durable metal gear housing and vibration-free operation with a soft start/stop button for increased control in any working situation.
- Notably, it also features a non-slip grip and a keyless adjustable guard for consistent performance.
- The guarding design offers additional safety while cutting metal with this equipment for your protection. This angle grinder can power through almost any material with large spiral bevel gears and no slip-clutch without stopping or slowing down.
- Preserve your back by adjusting between vertical and overhead orientation with just a quick switch thanks to the tool-less adjustable handle that comes equipped with dual grip comfort grips on both sides of the handle for maximum control wherever you need it most.
- Its ergonomic design allows for prolonged periods of use without tiring your arm out quickly, even if you’re working with delicate material like metal or stone.
- The Bosch 1375A features Dust Ejection System. This feature has an in-line filter that removes 99% of the dust particles discharged from the machine before reaching its sensitive component.
- Bigger fettling brushes reduce friction by reducing brush wear and improving productivity exponentially while making consistent, concentric grinding patterns on various surfaces without ever wearing out or wearing down.
Pros & Cons of the DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder
- Sturdy built and durable
- It comes with an advanced 11 AMP motor
- The dust ejection system ensures more durability
- You can easily remove the wheel without using any tool
- It’s extremely comfortable to use due to its small gripping surface
- The newly designed side handle offers a more secured grip
- The auto-brushes shut down the grinder when it needs replacing
- It is designed for the toughest applications
- Completely safe to use.
- It’s very thick
- The safety features could have been better.
5. Metabo HPT Angle Grinder
- 4-1/2 inches angle grinder
- A 6.2 Amp motor with 980W
- Spindle lock for quick accessory changes.
The Metabo HPT angle grinder is another excellent choice that’s perfect for all your grinding operations. This Metabo grinder is highly durable and can withstand the toughest conditions you put it in without budging.
Features of the Metabo HPT Angle Grinder
- The Metabo HPT is an impressive 4-1/2″ grinder with a powerful 6.2 Amp motor that delivers decent RPMs.
- The ergonomically designed housing with soft grip inserts enables the user to perform a lengthy operation without fatigue. The Metabo HPT will quickly remove material from metal, wood, or stone.
- The dust-proof housing protects the internal components. The Metabo HPT is designed to prevent contamination of inner parts, which could slow down or stop the grinder and ensure a longer life for this angle grinder tool.
- It is lightweight and well-balanced. The Metabo HPT weighs in at 4.0 lbs making it the perfect choice for overhead work and confined spaces.
- The Metabo HPT has a spindle lock that allows you to quickly switch out attachments as needed, eliminating downtime waiting to get your work done!
- Perfectly positioned left-mounted slide switch for lefties as well as those who require precision control of the on/off function while wearing gloves.
Pros & Cons of the Metabo HPT Angle Grinder
- The grinder can carry out tough grinding jobs
- You can quickly change discs or other accessories effortlessly
- The left-mounted quick-off switch makes it completely safe to use
- The side handle offers more control of the tool with less fatigue
- It provides better dust and debris durability
- It can get into the tightest spaces with its low-profile gear case
- The case is strong enough to stand on.
- It might not be suited for sanding, polishing or wire-brushing
- It comes with no instructions for installation
- The guard doesn’t rotate 360-degree
- There’s no tool guard adjustment.
6. Milwaukee 2780-20 Angle Grinder
Milwaukee 2780-20 Angle Grinder
- Redlithium Xc5.0 battery pack
- Redlink Plus Intelligence
- Powerstate brushless motor.
The Milwaukee 2780-20 4-1/2″ or 5″ Angle Grinder is rechargeable and cordless. Ideal for cutting paint, metal, welding, stone, ceramics, and other grinding applications, the brushless motor gives you maximum run time in all types of conditions.
Features of the Milwaukee 2780-20 Angle Grinder
- The REDLINK PLUS Intelligence provides optimized performance power under any application or environment at full torque to shorten production times with minimal idle time when not being used.
- The design makes this grinder the most powerful one in its class resulting in less downtime, which means more profitability!
- The three-disc design provides more aggressive material removal with less vibration for improved accuracy.
- For improved overall performance, durability has been increased with heat-treated triple gear assembly that won’t break under pressure, which makes it ideal for pros looking to save time on long jobs then do them right the first time around; 100% tool-free design makes replacing the grinding wheel quick and easy.
- The grinder also has a paddle-switch design that was proven effective as a trigger switch in reducing user fatigue even when used continuously during long jobs.
Pros & Cons of the Milwaukee 2780-20 Angle Grinder
- It comes with 10X longer motor life
- It offers overload protection
- This cordless grinder offers corded performance
- Easy to make accessory changes
- You can even adjust the guards without any tool
- It boasts a paddle-switch design that offers added comfort and ease of use in various positions
- Its thin body design offers optimized balance when on hand
- Perfect for the toughest grinding, cutting applications, and surface preparations.
- The brake feature works well
- It vibrates very little.
- The handle is shorter
- Most of the time, the guard gets in the way
- Batteries die faster
- It might not grind or cut well anything mildly heavy.
7. DeWalt DCG413B Cordless Angle Grinder Tool
This DeWalt cordless angle grinder is outstanding if you’re searching for a robust grinder that doesn’t need to be connected to an outlet.
It has a brushless motor that extends its run time by 57% and eliminates changing brushes. It comes equipped with several features to improve safety and functionality for contractors on the job site.
To go with the 4600 RPM motor, you’ll need a 5 amp hour battery or bigger, as you’ll only get around 15 minutes.
Features of the DeWalt DCG413B Cordless Angle Grinder Tool
- If power drops or anything malfunctions due to drops or other accidents, this machine has E-switch protection that will shut down electronics in an instant if something goes wrong.
- It includes a kickback brake that stops wheel grinding in tight areas such as doorways, ladders, or staircases.
- It weighs 3.75 pounds with measures 12.2 x 4.7 x 6 inches making it easily transportable without too much hassle.
- The DCG413B is powered by a DEWALT 20-volt Lithium-Ion battery compatible with other products on the market from this brand.
- A carry handle on top makes it easier to carry, and a slim, ergonomic rubber grip makes it comfortable to use for extended periods.
Pros & Cons of the DeWalt DCG413B Cordless Angle Grinder Tool
- A sturdy construction
- It requires no brush changes
- The on/off trigger works efficiently
- It comes with a paddle switch
- It’s a small grinder with a kickback brake
- This grinder features E-switch protection
- Lightweight & Durable
- Safe to use and transport
- It’s compatible with any Dewalt or 20v Li-Ion battery
- It has a variable speed ranging from 0-6800 RPM
- Very smooth and responsive
- It comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- The trigger is a bit sticky
- It came with limited documentation.
8. PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
The Porter-Cable’s PC60TPAG is an outstanding tool in the world of power tools. It gives contractors comfort when in use by reducing vibration and fatigue, two causes of using power equipment for a prolonged time.
Features of the PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
- The electronic brake protects against overloads, and the grinder will shut down the power source if excess heat is detected.
- It has a side-mounted slide switch for better control and comfort of use during extended jobs.
- The special grip technology allows for less vibration and fatigue when in use, making it ideal for contractors working on long jobs.
- You can position this grinder anywhere you need it due to its three-position side handle that easily sets into your desired configuration, eliminating the need to take off gloves or lose grip to change hand positions when handling larger materials.
- The gear case was cast from aluminum which will never corrode, increasing the efficiency level on the job site tremendously.
- The potent 7-amp motor provides high-speed performance up to 11,000 RPM, so no task will be too arduous, bestowing contractors with extreme versatility when handling tough materials or large jobs.
- The spindle locks for increased control, allowing you to set the grinder in place before it starts spinning its wheel.
Pros & Cons of the PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
- The motor generates extreme power
- It’s versatile
- The high-speed performance of up to 11,000RPM can tackle tough jobs
- The spindle locks ensure enhanced control
- The aluminum gear case is corrosion-resistant, which increases its efficiency
- The electronic brake offers added security, protecting from overload
- The side-mounted slide switch offers better control
- It’s comfortable to use
- Compact, versatile & powerful
- It produces less vibration
- Perfect for contractors working on big projects
- It’s easy to position this tool anywhere due to its three-position side handle
- The non-locking paddle switch renders added control
- The two guards require tool-free adjustment.
- The metal motor casing gets hot
- It’s difficult to switch brushes or disks.
9. Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder
The Hitachi G12SR4 is an excellent versatile angle grinder that overcomes the drawbacks of other, bulkier designs. It has a slim design at just 4 pounds with sleek grip sides that make it comfortable to use for long hours on the job site.
Features of the Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder
- The body is made from sturdy material that will never rust and withstand harsh conditions like dust, oil, or dirt without hindering its performance.
- With 980W of max power output, this grinder features a high-speed performance of up to 10,000 RPM making it perfect for dense jobs where you need precision accuracy and power in one convenient package. Don’t let another day go by without owning this handy tool!
- A spindle lock that allows for fast blade changes and a trigger lock that protects against accidental start-ups.
- The Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder also offers protection against overloads common among larger grinders via an anti-load system, so you know your product will work every time you turn it on!
- This powerful tool is helpful in many situations, so for this reason, it comes equipped with a convenient carrying bag for easy transportability when on the go!
- Whether you’re working on mountain bike frames or industry piping, you’ll find that this angle grinder has enough cutting speed to do any task.
Pros & Cons of the Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder
- It boasts a slim design at only four pounds
- The sleek grip sides make it comfortable to use
- It’s made of sturdy materials that can resist harsh conditions
- With 10,000 RPM, you can easily manage dense jobs
- You can change the blades easily
- This tool offers protection against overloads
- It comes with a carrying bag for easy transportation
- The trigger lock-on allows continuous operation
- Its abrasive wheels and case provide protection and value.
- The plastic case is thin
- The case is too small.
10. Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder
The Avid Power 7.5 Amp angle grinder provides true power and performance in a small, lightweight body. The angle grinder is the perfect tool for any grinding job with a convenient operation and easy-to-use features.
Features of the Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder
- This angle grinder features an ergonomic design, slim profile, and convenient side grip for comfortable use!
- Powered by 7.5 Amps of which delivers 900W max output, it has a high-performance motor that’s perfect for cutting concrete and other hard materials with ease
- The handle is attached at both ends to provide maximum stability; the front end is under your fingers, while the rear end is located on the bottom part of the body where it better absorbs impact when facing material such as timbers or getting into tight spaces like fences or holes in walls!
- The finger trigger control switch sits conveniently near your fingertips, so you can quickly engage/disengage the device without releasing it or losing control of the tool!
- The safety features of this grinder include sparks protection, ensuring that debris doesn’t fly around while you’re grinding your metal pieces.
- It also protects against electric shock if any stray current goes through your hand while you’re tweaking a hard-to-reach bolt with care, so it stays in place where it belongs without being bumped out of position should contact be made by an errant piece of clothing or what have you.
- This type of grinder also includes two grinding wheels, one specifically designed for rough surfaces and one for smooth surfaces to help give utility blades a fresh new edge and sharpened form with every use.
Pros & Cons of the Avid Power 7.5 Amp Angle Grinder
- It comes with a powerful motor
- Small and lightweight
- Convenient to operate and use
- The side grip makes it more comfortable to use
- With 900W maximum output, you can cut any hard material easily
- It comes with a handle at both ends for maximum stability
- It can get into tight spaces
- The finger trigger control switch offers increased maneuverability
- It protects against shocks.
- The on/off switch is a bit hard to remove
- The grinder’s switch hangs in the ON position and doesn’t turn off.
How Can Angle Grinder Be Helpful to You? – Angle Grinder Benefits
Cleaning the Weld
Cleaning the weld is where you’ll find this angle grinder most useful. Spinning at speed on steel helps remove any impurities in the weld like excess metal, loose flakes of burnt material, or simply the blueing that happens when steel turns white-hot in welding.
You’ll find the grinder also does a better job than sandpaper as it gets into those hard-to-reach areas and straightens out the weld, so it’s smooth and even with the surrounding steel.
Removing Paint From Metal
The same goes for removing paint from metal; now that it’s okay and without a wire cup brush, you may find you have to scrape at the surface with a blade until your arm drops off before all the paint is gone.
Not with an angle grinder, a quick spin over the surface of the paint, and it’s gone before you know it, so your blade can have a go at simply grinding down to the surface of the metal.
Cleaning the Metal before Welding
What about when you’re starting to weld, and there’s grease, oil, or dirt on the surface; don’t let it get in the way of a good welding job. A quick spin with the angle grinder and any dirt or grease is gone, leaving a clean surface for your machine to work on.
No matter whether it’s in a hurry to clean rust from something before welding or have your angle grinder in hand for when you need to remove rust, simply speed up the grinder and grind all over it with ease.
If you’re cutting through steel or some other metal, the angle grinder is pretty much the only way to go. It’s not like a wire brush that just chops it away in large chunks, and the fine wire removes metal slowly and smoothly without sticking to the blade or stopping you from cutting through it.
Restore Cutting Edges
Restoring a cutting edge is another thing you’ll find the angle grinder helpful with. This is because, unlike blades for sanders, the grinding disc isn’t made of any delicate material.
It’s designed to simply grind down metal through friction and heat rather than shaving it off at the microscopic level like a sander’s blade.
You’ll need to wear goggles when using an angle grinder for safety and to avoid getting dust or other material in your eyes.
How Do I Choose an Angle Grinder? – Buying Guide
Angle Grinder Disc Sizes
The first consideration is the size of the disc you need. The most common are 4-inch, 5’s, and 6-inch grinders, though the larger the disc, the more it weighs, so you may need to settle for a compromise between weight and size.
A common mistake is to assume bigger is better and buy a grinder with the largest disc you can find and struggle under its weight.
Choosing an angle grinder is mainly about finding the right balance between weight and power. Get one that’s too weak or heavy, and you’ll have to put up with uncomfortable or clumsy handling.
Not all brands produce angle grinders of the same weight, so it’s a matter of finding which ones you’re most comfortable with.
Grinders have a rotating disc, so be sure to wear goggles and gloves to avoid injury.
Also, look for a tool with a lock-off switch to prevent accidental starting.
The speed of the rotating disc is measured in revolutions per minute (RPM). The higher the RPM, the faster it spins.
For most jobs, a speed of between 5,000 to 10,000 RPM should be plenty.
For cutting and rust removal, a grinder with 12,000 RPM or more will be better.
Corded Angle Grinder or Cordless
Angle grinders are available in both corded and cordless versions.
Corded angle grinders have the power to get any job done but will be heavier. Cordless grinders are lighter and have good freedom of motion, but the battery only lasts around 10-15 minutes before it needs recharging.
Make sure you check the warranty of any tool before buying it to make sure you’re covered in case there are any problems.
Some come with a one-year warranty, while others offer two years.
Some grinders allow the speed to ramp slowly when you first turn them on, which reduces the stress on their internal components. Look for this feature if you can.
Variable-Speed or Fixed Speed
Some models allow you to adjust the speed of the spinning disc, which is suitable for fine-tuning.
Also, it’s easier to control a grinder with a variable-speed control.
A grinder that’s sealed against dust will stand up better to prolonged use. Hence, you can use it for longer before it needs servicing or replacing.
To avoid injury, look for a grinder with a hand shield. Some also come with guards on the front and side of the disc to protect you even more.
A side handle is suitable for jobs like removing rust and paint as it lets you move your arm freely.
A trigger grip is good for small jobs as it lets you control the speed with your thumb and fingers, though they can’t be as precise as side-handled or 3-finger disc grinders.
Angle Grinder Motor
It’s also important to consider the motor power. The more powerful it is, the faster you can do your job.
High-power angle grinders are for heavy-duty jobs, while low-power models are less powerful but lighter and easier to control.
Some tools come with a metal disc guard that goes around the outside of the wheels to shield you from sparks and flying debris. If not, it is a good idea to buy a separate one as a safety measure.
Some more advanced models have dust extraction facilities, allowing you to hook a vacuum cleaner up to them and suck away all the dust as you grind.
The standard disk guard provides enough protection if you wear gloves, a full-face shield, earplugs, and a dust mask.
Loud noise may damage your hearing. You’ll need to wear earplugs or other protection while using the angle grinder.
High-end low-speed electric angle grinders are long-lasting thanks to their high-quality craftsmanship.
Upper mid-range angle grinders are the most expensive, with high-end models being cheaper.
You should pay more for higher-power angle grinders, as they are more robust and faster.
Best Angle Grinders FAQs
Who makes the best quality angle grinder?
Generally speaking, tool brands that have been around for a while make the best quality angle grinders. They’ve had time to refine their standards and come up with the best products they can.
Is an angle grinder worth it?
It really depends on what you’re going to be using it for. If you’re only going to use it now and then as a one-time thing, then no, an angle grinder probably isn’t worth it.
If you’re using your angle grinder regularly, then yes, an angle grinder is definitely worth it.
Am I too young to use an angle grinder?
It doesn’t matter how old you are. It all comes down to knowing how to use an angle grinder properly. If you’re not sure what to do or uncomfortable using it, don’t. If you’ve got the know-how and feel confident in your abilities to use an angle grinder, then go ahead and give it a try.
What is the most popular size angle grinder?
The most popular size is the 4 & 4-1/2″ size.
Are Bosch angle grinders good?
Yes, Bosch makes great quality angle grinders at an affordable price.
How many amps do I need in an angle grinder?
It’s best to look at amps (A) instead of watts (W) when it comes to angle grinders. If you’re looking for a good-quality angle grinder that can handle a lot of work without slowing down, then go for about 7A to 9 A.
Can I use a bigger disc on the angle grinder?
Generally speaking, you can use bigger discs with most angle grinders. The general rule of thumb is that you should only go up by one size bigger. For example, a 7-inch disc should fit onto a 6-inch angle grinder.
Can a grinder be used as a sander?
Yes, angle grinders can be used as sanders by using sanding discs. The only difference is that you won’t use it for cutting or grinding metal, but rather as a sander for wood and such.
Can I grind concrete with an angle grinder?
Yes, you can use an angle grinder to cut through concrete. There are, however, a lot of risks associated with doing so. It’s best to use a diamond blade designed for cutting concrete.
Final Thoughts on Angle Grinders
Once you’ve found an angle grinder that’s right for you, make sure it’s always kept in good condition and ready for use. With the proper care and maintenance, your angle grinder should give you many years of service and be a joy to use.
With the proper angle grinder for the job, you’ll have a versatile and handy tool.
I hope you enjoyed this article! If you have any recommendations or questions, feel free to comment below.