Nowadays, electric chainsaws are a lot more popular than traditional gas-powered ones. They offer a number of advantages over their predecessors: they’re much lighter and quieter, for one thing. But there are other benefits as well.
Electric chainsaws do not produce any exhaust fumes or smell like gasoline does, which means that you can use them in your backyard without worrying about making your family sick. That makes them perfect for cutting trees down in remote forests and hillsides where no petrol stations exist!
Greenworks Cordless Electric ChainSaw
- 70% less vibration chainsaw that’s guaranteed for up to 90 cuts.
- Its motor produces 30% more torque than other models
- 0 Kickback Chance
Which ones should you buy? We’ve conducted tons of research and read hundreds of chainsaw reviews to determine which electric chainsaws are the most popular. We’ve also included a few handy tips that will help you make a purchase that you won’t regret later on.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive right in!
Top 9 Electric Chainsaws
|Greenworks Cordless Electric ChainSaw||• 70% less vibration chainsaw|
• Its motor produces 30% more torque
• Less Kickback Chances
|DEWALT DCCS620P1 Electric ChainSaw||• Lightweight design|
• Brushless motor
• Heavy-duty 5Ah battery
|BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 Electric ChainSaw||• Innovative design features quick adjustments|
• Tool free blade tension system for improved ease of use
• Improved oiling system
|Oregon CS1500||• 15A electric chainsaw|
• Integrated self-sharpening system
• Automatic oiling system that provide continuous lubrification
|WORX WG303.1 Electric Chainsaw||• Auto-Tension Chain System|
• Powerful 8-Amp Motor
• Chain Lubrication & Oil-Level Indicator
|Makita XCU04PT1 Electric ChainSaw||• No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts|
• Reduced maintenance and low noise levels
• Variable speed trigger and high chain speed
|WORX WG305.1 Electric Chainsaw||• 15.0 Amp motor output|
• Auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening
• Low kickback bar and built-in chain brake
|WEN 4017 Electric ChainSaw||• 12A motor|
• Lightweight design limits fatigue to the user
• Auto-oiling system
|Sun Joe SWJ807E Electric Chainsaw||• Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs|
• Telescoping pole extends to 8.8 ft.
• Automatic lubrication
1. Greenworks Cordless Electric ChainSaw
Greenworks Cordless Electric ChainSaw
- 70% less vibration chainsaw that’s guaranteed for up to 90 cuts.
- Its motor produces 30% more torque than other models
- Less Kickback Chances
Introducing the first electric chain saw in our list with a brushless motor. You will love it because its bristle-less motor provides your Greenworks tool with longer run-time, more torque, and more power. This leads to less wear and tear, extending the lifetime of the tool.
Who loves buying new power tools monthly? No one does! For this reason, we know you’ll love that in addition to having a durable brushless motor, the cordless chainsaw is compatible with the Gmax 40V Li-Ion System offering a range of tools to choose from; all running on battery packs which also come in handy around the house when we’re powering up devices like phones and laptops too.
- You’ll have all the best gear with this effective and efficient 70% less vibration chainsaw that’s guaranteed for up to 90 cuts.
- This tool is perfect for getting to those hard-to-reach places inside trees, around curves, near stumps–you name it!
- Now you can enjoy all those fall sights without any of the noise or gas emissions from a gas saw.
- Its motor produces 30% more torque than other models, so you can dominate whichever wood beast is foolish enough to stand in your way.
- Did somebody say low kickback chain? Yeah, we said it twice because even though Greenworks knows how important safety is, kicking back with zero chance of unintended injury sounds like a great plan, too (if we do say so ourselves).
2. DEWALT DCCS620P1 Electric ChainSaw
DEWALT DCCS620P1 Electric ChainSaw
- Its lightweight design is great even on projects
- Brushless motor that offers high efficiency
- Heavy-duty 5Ah battery
Picking up a chainsaw is never easy, but the DEWALT DCCS620P1 Electric Chain Saw with low kickback can make it just that much easier. The powerful engine does all the work for you–now you can focus on important tasks like taking down trees during this fall season!
Along with the lighter weight design, this chainsaw has an impressive bar and chain length of 12 inches to tackle any trimming or heavy-duty job at hand (just don’t bother trying to fit them under your arm). Where other gas-powered chain saws may stall after only one or two cuts, this electric powerhouse plugs in anywhere and gets through up to 90 cuts before needing another charge.
- Its lightweight design is great even on projects with some up-close-and-personal moments.
- The compact design is only 9 pounds with the battery, yet it packs a powerful punch.
- Featuring a brushless motor that offers high efficiency and an ergonomic handle to help increase safety with the blade guard, this reliable tool anticipates what you need, all while requiring less energy output from its user.
- With a heavy-duty 5Ah battery and electronic brushless motor, this chainsaw will run for over 45 minutes without stopping.
- You can adjust it by hand using a high-quality tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob from making sure your bar clamping force is at the perfect level. Keep your yard looking its best with this durable machine from DEWALT!
3. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 Electric ChainSaw
BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 Electric ChainSaw
- Innovative design features quick adjustments
- Tool free blade tension system for improved ease of use
- Improved oiling system with clear window to gauge oil level
The BLACK+DECKER chainsaw is so easy to use-it can slice through anything in minutes. The LCS1020 features a lightweight design for maneuverability, making it the right size for anyone, big or small hands. It also has a tool-free blade tension system that makes this saw ultra-easy to use. You’ll be able to get started cutting with this 10″ blade without any difficulties!
- This innovative design features quick adjustments, an improved oiling system with a clear window for adjusting the oiler level, and 7.2 pounds of weightless power.
- With cordless capability, there is no excuse not to provide your family home in peace with this year’s buzziest chain saw on the market.
4. Oregon CS1500 – Best Corded Electric ChainSaw
- 15A electric chainsaw with integrated self-sharpening system
- Automatic oiling system that provide continuous lubrification
- Instant startup
Grab your friends and family and head out to the quiet woods. Spread the word: it’s time for a chainsaw party. With this electric chain saw, you’re able to cut through anything with power and ease. And just in case you experience important trees vs. people dilemma, this chain saw is safe enough that any bystanders can watch from afar without even glancing away for support.
This tool is so sharp! It does not matter how tough or dense the wood might be; this thing goes right through, sparing no acorns hurt along the way.
- It has a built-in PowerSharp self-sharpening system that keeps the saw sharp and gives me more power for cutting, so you can get my job done quickly.
- The long-lasting 18inch guide bar will make easy work of even the most challenging tree limbs located in your back yard.
- Built-in LubriTec automatic oiling system means no more manual oil changes or getting messy while trying to put it on yourself!
5. WORX WG303.1 Electric Chainsaw
WORX WG303.1 Electric Chainsaw
- Auto-Tension Chain System
- Powerful 8-Amp Motor
- Chain Lubrication & Oil-Level Indicator
WORX’s popular electric chainsaw is now improved with an auto-tension chain system that provides the blade’s quicker, more accurate sharpening. And this 14-inch bar will give you an ultra-powerful chain speed for your toughest projects!
- You will have an 8 amp power output that gets jobs done quickly and efficiently too! All this AND starts at a surprisingly low price.
- The WORX WG303.1 is the first cordless electric chainsaw designed for low-maintenance cutting.
- This 120V electric chainsaw offers a 4 oz oil tank, so you don’t have to leave the house with an empty tank or fill up your gas can on your way.
- The compact size makes it easy to carry around, especially when obstacles in your way are too big for you to cut down without moving them out of the way.
6. Makita XCU04PT1 Electric ChainSaw
Makita XCU04PT1 Electric ChainSaw
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts with reduced maintenance and low noise levels
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system delivers power of a 32cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed
Makita saves your sanity on tedious tasks like cutting wood with no gas, brushless electric power, and low noise levels. Its 5 Ah battery is 20% larger than previous models for up to 25 minutes of constant engine run-time per charge – enough power to cut through 8″ logs at a task.
The Makita XCU04PT1 Electric Chain Saw comes with an exclusive problem-solving guide that helps you identify issues and ways to avoid or refine them before they become bigger problems down the road.
- The Brushless motor technology with Makita-built BL brushless motor direct-drive system means it’ll never fail you on the job site, and the 0-3,940 FPM allows for improved cutting performance.
- The Makita XCU04PT1 features a tool-less chain adjustment, so it’s always cutting at its prime without needing to snap on, spit off, and break down teeth of the blade like some other guys.
- On top of that, this new model is designed with environmental awareness in mind; it has idle throttle control that saves fuel while you’re not cutting.
7. WORX WG305.1 Electric Chainsaw
WORX WG305.1 Electric Chainsaw
- 15.0 Amp motor output delivers a more powerful cutting performance
- Patented auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening
- Low kickback bar and built-in chain brake
If you work hard on the farm, this cutting machine will make all your hard work worth it. This WORX chainsaw is a powerful, portable, and cost-effective solution for all of life’s yard work needs.
Deliver high performance through our 15 amp electric motor with what you need to start tackling those unwanted branches today! If those pesky leaves are starting to make your garden bed look like a jungle, let Worx help you take it down to size.
- Worx WG304.1 has a patented auto-tension chain system that DOESN’T tightens too much and stays the perfect tension for an entire chainsaw blade’s lifetime.
- An automatic oiling system means you can go all day without worrying that your chainsaw engine will see its last day.
- The low kickback bar and built-in chain brake make it safer to use, so get your hands on this great new invention today.
8. WEN 4017 Electric ChainSaw
- 12A motor rotates the Oregon chain at up to 44 feet per second
- Lightweight design limits fatigue to the user
- Auto-oiling system lubricates itself to elongate the saw’s lifespan
Come on. You know how this works. You take out your old chain saw, and it feels like it’s about to topple over because the engine is so ancient.
You pull the cord, and nothing happens. There’s no oil in there, either! One more trip off into the woods never again…until now! Say hello to WEN 4017 Electric ChainSaw 16″ bar 31 x 10 x 6.5 inches dimension (a full three feet of chain included)! It has a super handy easy-start feature that will make quick work of pulling that cord for you without any fumbling or fussing around – just give it a nice yank after turning on the power switch, set tension with an easy turn of the knob, and get started!
- At 44 feet per second, this chainsaw is guaranteed to cut through anything.
- This lightweight design limits fatigue to the user. It allows for incredible efficiency with its auto oiler system that lubricates axles automatically to help prevent wear and tear on moving parts that could lead the saw into failure over time.
- A tool-free change mechanism will change the chains so that anything else could sit back and calm down after one run.
9. Sun Joe SWJ807E Electric Chainsaw
Sun Joe SWJ807E Electric Chainsaw
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.8 ft.
- Automatic lubrication
Get off your lazy butt and work up a sweat with this revolutionary new product! The Sun Joe SWJ807E electric chainsaw is the perfect way to cut down on emissions while cutting through the thickest of trees in no time at all.
It conjures up powerful action that can cut through wood like it’s butter but you only need the touch of a button to excitement? Yes! The rest is taken care of for you, all without lifting a finger. Simply plug in your new Sun Joe SWJ807E, switch on the power and keep your hair because this beauty never gets too close!
- It has a huge 10-inch blade, which is ideal for easy cutting through both wood and metal.
- This chainsaw cuts so fast it can even compete with a gas-powered one!
- Your purchase of this chainsaw also supports CSA-approved safety standards because we know that’s important to you.
- This saw is well equipped – a 10-inch blade handle with automatic lubrication. You can use it on both small trees or large ones, which are more common these days.
- Alternatively, if your living space has gotten too tight because of larger foliage, then use this powerful saw that will take care of it in no time at all.
What to Consider When Buying Electric Chainsaw? – Buying Guide
Electric chainsaws have a lot of applications in real life, so selecting the best one is essential. But, how can you choose the finest electric chainsaw from a plethora of alternatives on the market?
The question of what is the best electric chain saw may be more difficult to answer than you would expect. If you want to get the most from your chainsaw, keep reading for our top recommendations. You must consider the following elements if you want to have the greatest electric chain saw in your toolbox:
Bar and Chain Length
The length of the bar on your electric chainsaw is one of the first things you should think about. The length of the bar impacts the performance of an electric chainsaw unit, so it’s something you shouldn’t overlook.
Cordless or corded electric chainsaws usually have bar lengths of 10 to 24 inches. The bar length you pick is determined by the wood thickness you want to cut. Depending on the wood thickness you’ll be working with, you must choose a suitable bar length.
Choose an electric chainsaw with a 10-inch bar length if you need to cut through an 8-inch thick wood. However, for thicker timber, consider longer bar lengths. Professional woodcutting jobs may benefit from bar lengths of 16 to 20 inches.
Consider using bar lengths of 20 to 24 inches if you want to cut through thick woods. Before you purchase the chainsaw, study the thickness of the wood you’ll be cutting.
You have to think about how much power your electric chainsaw should have. More power is definitely better, as it will allow you to cut through woods faster and more efficiently. On the other hand, too much power could damage the saw as it can cause complications when cutting through tough pieces of wood.
When looking for an electric chainsaw, consider the size of your wood. If it’s big, you should aim for a chainsaw with more power. Conversely, an electric chainsaw with low power will suffice if you plan to cut through thin or medium-sized wood pieces only.
As with other chainsaws, electric models may cause injuries if you don’t handle them properly. If you want to buy a safe electric chainsaw, choose one that comes with an excellent safety system.
You should also look at the product’s ergonomics. As well as protecting your body against injuries, the saw must be comfortable to use. The product’s grip must be tight so that it will follow your hand movements easily.
Before you buy an electric chainsaw, you have to look at its price. You should choose a unit that provides excellent value for money. However, the very best products are usually pretty expensive. If your budget is low, try to find an inexpensive chainsaw that still performs well.
You should also look for brands with a great reputation, as they offer durable products you can use for years. If the brand has factory-certified technicians and offers excellent customer service, it’s likely to produce high-quality chainsaws.
Also, don’t forget about after-sales support. Most companies offer after-sale services for their products with a warranty period. If you want to ensure you’ll get excellent support if the product needs repair, look for electric chainsaws from brands renowned for providing great services.
The Chain Tensioning System
The chainsaw’s tensioning system is another essential element you have to think about. You must choose an electric chainsaw with a strong and easy-to-use tension system.
You should also check if the chainsaw comes with lubrication nipples. These are additional pieces that make it easier for you to apply lubricant on the chain quickly.
As well as those mentioned above, you should also consider other elements such as an electric chainsaw’s durability and safety features. After all, the purpose of every product on the market is to make your life easier and more comfortable.
Electric chainsaws usually weigh between 10 and 15 pounds. If you want to cut through thick woods, pick a unit with a higher weight as it will be more efficient. However, if you only need an electric chainsaw for lighter jobs, look for a unit that’s easy to handle and transport.
Parts And Maintenance
Electric chainsaws are usually easy to disassemble and assemble. This feature makes them very convenient, especially if you expect them to last for years.
For most electric chainsaws, the bar is mounted on a saw’s head with a single mounting pin that’s simple to remove. In addition, this system also allows you to replace the chain with ease.
The bar is one of the most important elements of an electric chainsaw, as it has several parts that need regular maintenance. You should look for an electric chainsaw with replaceable bars to save on money in the long run.
If you want to maintain your electric saws properly, you must choose a product with removable bar nuts.
An electric chainsaw should be user-friendly to save you time and effort during your work. If you want an efficient unit, choose one that allows you to control the bar easily.
You may also want to invest in a saw with anti-vibration features. These features reduce stress on your body when you use the product for several hours. They also prevent the chain from stalling as you work to make your job easier.
In addition, if you want a product that comes with great lubrication features, choose one with a bar oil system or reservoir. This feature will allow you to ensure the chain has plenty of lubricant throughout the cutting process.
You have to check if the product has a patent anti-kickback system. The unit will also need an electric brake, which stops the chain immediately after a kickback occurs.
As a result, this feature will prevent you from losing control of the chainsaw and protect your hands and legs in case of accidents.
Also, make sure that your chainsaw has an ergonomic shape, as it will be easier to use.
The electric spark generated by some chainsaws can easily ignite debris around them. As a result, you must ensure that your electric chainsaw is spark-free before buying it to avoid accidents.
Ensure that the product has an automatic safety switch along with oil pumps that prevent the flaming of sawdust and debris in case they get into the chain.
Best Electric Chainsaws FAQs
What is a good chainsaw to cut down a tree?
If you need to cut down a tree, you should invest in an electric chainsaw with an extra-long cable. You can also choose one that comes with a battery pack or use your car’s battery if the machine has enough power.
Which one should I get, electric or gas chainsaws?
If trees are the only objects you want to cut, consider getting an electric chainsaw. This tool can also be suitable for some lighter tasks around your house which don’t require extra power. However, if you want to work in large areas regularly, choose a gas-powered product as they are heavier and more powerful than electric chainsaws.
Can you use an electric chainsaw for firewood?
Yes, you can use an electric chainsaw for firewood.
Are electric chainsaws more powerful than cordless or gas-powered?
Electric chainsaws are more powerful than cordless chainsaws. However, compared to gas-powered chainsaws, electric models are lighter and easier to use on small trees or branches.
Are battery-powered chainsaws worth it?
Battery-powered chainsaws are expensive, so you have to consider if they’re worth the investment. In addition, this types of saw can be suitable for light tasks around your property but not powerful enough for medium or heavy-duty work.
How long do electric chainsaws last?
Battery-powered chainsaws only last as long as the battery charge and take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour to recharge.
How do I make my chainsaw quieter?
You can make your chainsaw run quieter by attaching a muffler or placing several rubber insulators around the handles. You can also buy earmuffs to protect your ears from the noise.
Can I sharpen the chain of my electric chainsaw if it becomes non-efficient?
Yes, you can sharpen the chain of your electric chainsaw if it becomes non-efficient.
Do electric chainsaws need oil?
Yes, electric chainsaws need bar and chain oil in order to lubricate the machine. This will prevent the unit from getting too hot or from stalling as you work.
What is a good brand of electric chainsaw?
Black & Decker, GreenWorks, WORX, and DeWalt are some of the most popular brands for electric chainsaws.
Your chainsaw is a crucial tool for work and play, but it’s also the most dangerous one. You’ll need to learn how to maintain your machine properly so that you don’t run into any problems with kickback or overheating.
We’ve included some of our best electric chainsaws reviews in this article, as well as FAQs about what kind of product will be suitable for your needs.
As a result, this article will help you to choose the right products for your needs.