Jigsaws are one of the most popular tools when it comes to DIY projects around the house. They are versatile, relatively inexpensive, and can be used on a variety of materials with different thicknesses.
They’re also great for hobbies like wood carving or stained glass work because you don’t need power tools in order to get started!
- 5 Amp electric jig saw with a 3⁄4” blade orbital action for increased precision
- Four curve settings for maximum control over rounded cuts
- Makes beveled cuts up to 45 degrees
But all jigsaw blades are not created equal. You may have already figured out that some blades cut better than others, but did you know that there is more to consider?
Some blades will last longer while still cutting well; some will cost more upfront but actually save money in the long run. And then, there are features like blade alignment, which can make or break your project if you don’t have the right equipment.
We’ve done some research, read through a lot of jigsaw reviews, and finally have come up with the following list of best jigsaws on the market to help you out! (Scroll down below!)
The 10 Best Jigsaws
|BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C||• 5 Amp electric jig saw|
• Four curve settings for maximum control
• Makes beveled cuts up to 45 degrees
|SKIL JS313101 Corded Jig Saw||• The 4-stage orbital function allows smooth cutting ability|
• Variable speed control provides optimal cutting speed
• The shoe bevel adjustment allows you to cut at angles.
|PORTER-CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw||• 7 Position Speed Dial |
• 6 Amp Motor
• 4 Orbital Settings Provides Best Cutting Performance
|BOSCH JS470EB Jig Saw||• Featuring Internal precision|
• 7.0-amp motor delivers up to 3,100 strokes per minute
• Ergonomic body features an upfront soft-grip handle
|DEWALT DW331K Jig Saw||• Powerful 6.5 amp motor|
• Delivers 500 - 3,100 strokes per minute
• 4-position orbital action provides control of cut quality and speed
|Milwaukee 2445-20 M12 Jig Saw||• Compact and Lightweight |
• Innovative Hybrid Grip design delivers greater control
• Designed to minimize vibration
|Makita 4329K Jig Saw||• Variable speed control dial|
• Ergonomically designed rubberized grip
• Counterweight balancing system for reduced vibration
|Ryobi P523 Cordless Orbital Jigsaw||• 4 orbital settings|
• Built -in dust blower
• LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
|BOSCH JS470E Jig Saws||• Convenient: Featuring a tool less blade change|
• Variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed
• This Bosch tool includes a large, sturdy die cast foot
|DEWALT DW317K Jig Saw||• Keyless, lever-action blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes|
• 5.5 amp motor of the jig saw deliver powerful cuts
• Variable speed delivers 0 - 3,100 strokes per minute
1. BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C – Best Jig Saw
- 5 Amp electric jig saw with a 3⁄4” blade orbital action for increased precision
- Four curve settings for maximum control over rounded cuts
- Makes beveled cuts up to 45 degrees
This BLACK+DECKER electric jigsaw is in a class of its own. You can’t find this kind of power and precision elsewhere in the world. This saw cuts through any wood with ease, and you’ll want to use it on everything! The perfect addition to your arsenal of tools & #1 tool for home projects.
The BLACK+DECKER Smart Select technology allows users to choose from modes such as rip, miter crosscut, plows & curves made easy by guiding lines on blade kerf; it also includes a built-in dust blower which collects 99% of particles for increased cleaning efficiency.
- This BLACK+DECKER Jig Saw is a compact and lightweight saw that includes revolutionary curve control technology.
- With this jigsaw, you’re able to make beveled cuts from 0 degrees to 45 degrees with the turn of a dial.
- Its ultra low vibration design and comfortable grip make it perfect for cutting cleanly through wood, plastic, and metal applications alike, no matter how long your project list has grown!
- With robust 5.0 Amps of power, you’ll be able to cut through materials up to 3/4″ thick with ease! The adjustable shoe allows for more sturdy cutting without the risk of bumping against the material while sawing away.
2. SKIL JS313101 Corded Jig Saw
- The 4-stage orbital function allows smooth cutting ability
- Variable speed control provides optimal cutting speed
- The shoe bevel adjustment allows you to cut at angles.
This SKIL corded saw is perfect for you, whether you’re a beginner or just looking to change your tools around the house. With the variable speed control and 4-stage orbital function, you can cut into any material and get an accurate finish, which we know is important if we caught you coming in from outside.
Look carefully at this jigsaw – it features handsome lines and ergonomic handles so that cutting planks don’t put too much strain on your hands. That’s not all: because of its innovative design, there’s no need to return the blade positioner after every cut – no more worries about getting it wrong.
- With the SKIL JS313101, you can cut at angles and replace saw blades quickly.
- New design features make it easier to work in small spaces where there couldn’t be before.
- This tool comes equipped with an on/off dust-blowing switch so you can track the cutting line easily and a tool-free blade clamp so going from slotted straight to circular blades is simpler than ever
- The shoe bevel adjustment allows you to cut at angles for any project or home improvement needs.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw
PORTER-CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw
- 7 Position Speed Dial
- 6 Amp Motor Of The Jig Saw Delivers Power In Demanding Applications
- 4 Orbital Settings Provides Best Cutting Performance In A Variety Of Materials
Someday, the peace and quiet of your workshop will be shattered by a wild orbital cutter man. Fear not as long as you have this Porter-Cable orbital jigsaw with its crisp 7 position speed dial and a powerful frenzied motor to save you from his wrath!
So grab your favorite saw blade before he takes down what’s left of your project and put an end to the chaos.
With the Porter-Cable PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw, you can be assured that your project will start off with a bang because of the 6 Amp motor that delivers power into demanding applications.
- This Jig Saw gives you four orbital settings so you can optimally cut all types of materials with ease.
- The easy-to-use lock-on button ensures your project won’t stop in between cuts for too long.
- The oversized overmold on the front and handle provides excellent control and comfort while cutting.
- With this trusty device by your side, there’s no need to settle when looking for a jigsaw that will get the job done right faster than anyone else.
- The Porter-Cable offers easy blade replacement with a keyless clamp system, so you don’t have to waste time looking for a wrench.
4. BOSCH JS470EB Jig Saw
- Featuring Internal precision control with precision-machined plunging system
- Best-in-class 7.0-amp motor delivers up to 3,100 strokes per minute.
- Ergonomic body features an upfront soft-grip handle for maximum control, precision and comfort
The BOSCH JIGSAW JS470EB is absolutely perfect for any project. This great device can use traditional blades to give the best cuts possible. It has a powerful 7-amp motor, meaning it will easily cut through wood, metal, or even laminate! It also features a barrel grip for the comfortable cutting control.
One other really useful function is variable speeds; this makes it easy to use on any material, making all your projects easier than ever before.
- BOSCH is the perfect tool for getting detailed, accurate blade cuts. Trust BOSch, along with their precision-machined plunging system that creates next-level accuracy without the hassle of having to remove blades.
- Tool-less blade change system allows for fast insertion so you can get back to work!
- With no weight on its cutting loop, the flexible Jigsaw mounts to a BOSCH jig without interfering with tool path routing.
5. DEWALT DW331K Jig Saw
- Powerful 6.5 amp motor
- Ariable speed of the jig saw delivers 500 – 3,100 strokes per minute
- 4-position orbital action provides control of cut quality and speed
The DEWALT Jig Saw is a powerful tool with an incredible cutting performance on the most demanding materials. This variable speed jigsaw delivers the power you need without compromising too much of your time.
The quick-change keyless blade clamp allows for fast and easy blade changes that work on whatever material you are passionate about cutting today!
Whether you’re new to woodworking, DIY projects, remodeling anything around the house – or just looking to put some carvings in your living room furniture – this jigsaw is perfect for so many occasions.
- The DW331K Jig Saw has all-metal cutting, durable and reliable components when you need it most in your professional environment.
- With a sturdy metal gear case and four positions orbital action, you can easily cut through the material.
- Provide bevel detents at your most common angles (0/15/30/45 degrees) and extra-large rubber surfaces for comfort. When saws are too wimpy, go DEWALT!
- The 500 – 3,100 strokes per minute mean that this jigsaw will get done fast–so you can grab your next project and get back to work!
6. Milwaukee 2445-20 M12 Jig Saw
- Compact and Lightweight
- Innovative Hybrid Grip design delivers greater control
- Designed to minimize vibration by keeping the weight over the cutting area
A cordless tool with a chunky, powerful, and compact design that weighs only 3.8 pounds but can still be used on big jobs thanks to its brushless motor.
It boasts an innovated hybrid grip design for greater control functionality as well as superior comfort. This Milwaukee 2445-20 jigsaw is perfect for those who demand more from their tools without sacrificing power or portability!
- Its Quik-Lok T-Shank blades clamping system lets you easily swap out blade options with a tool-free quick change.
- Not only does this jigsaw have 450 bevel capabilities, but it also has a positive lock at 900 degrees which means you can cut in right angles once in a while!
- With an effortless 8.75″ stroke length and 0-2,800 SPM (SAR), your material won’t stand a chance against this beauty that will keep the weight over the cutting area for less vibration.
- Milwaukee’s M12 Jig Saw is designed to give you minimal vibration so that it won’t jar your hands on those more delicate projects.
- Plus, an LED light will guide you through them with clarity and precision if required.
7. Makita 4329K Jig Saw
- Variable speed control dial
- Ergonomically designed rubberized grip for increased comfort and control
- Counterweight balancing system for reduced vibration
The last thing you want to do is rush through your precision-cutting job. You deserve quality, and for that, you need professional power behind the blade. That’s why no Makita jigsaw is complete without a variable speed trigger; this one goes up to 3,100 SPM with 500 different settings for all cutting jobs in a variety of materials.
This isn’t just any old jigsaw–it’s got texture grips (keep your hands feeling nice and secure), needle bearings (smooth operation), and most importantly…a cutter-gear cover! Protecting the most important parts of any tool makes it work better! Time is money, baby—cut fast like nobody’s business!
- The sliding dust cover during vertical cutting will help prevent chips from getting into your eyes while also providing optimal dust management.
- Another fantastic feature of this jigsaw is the counterweight balancing system on the saw body, which reduces hand vibration while spinning through rough cuts.
- With its sleek brushed aluminum design and an incredibly well-balanced feel due to Makita’s counterweight system, this is the top choice for any professional contractors at the job site or hobbyists in their garage.
8. Ryobi P523 Cordless Orbital Jigsaw
Ryobi P523 Cordless Orbital Jigsaw
- 4 orbital settings
- Built -in dust blower
- LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
This is the rip, tear, and swoop your project done with a Ryobi P523 Cordless Orbital Jigsaw. This tool is an 18V Lithium-Ion battery ready to go cordless. It comes with a dual-speed trigger for different applications, quickly changing between low and high speeds when you need it most.
The trigger lock is another great feature that allows for quick blade changes without worrying about the blade turning due in tight spaces or upside down in awkward positions. You no longer have to worry about dangling cords when using power tools like this one with an electric brake stops saw blades anywhere they are put when turned off suddenly.
- This little jigsaw will soon become your favorite on-the-go power tool because it’s so easy to pack up after the tough cuts are done without any of those pesky cords getting in the way of progress.
- The added dust blower ensures you won’t have any nasty surprises from sawdust or paint specks ruining your project’s finish.
- The LED light illuminates even the most difficult of cuts for precision.
- It takes years off just looking at this attractive power tool, which makes completing a job seem less daunting, thanks to its relatively compact size.
9. BOSCH JS470E Jig Saws
- Convenient: Featuring a tool less blade change
- Variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed
- This Bosch tool includes a large, sturdy die cast foot with steel insert and on board bevel wrench
See, Bosch? That’s what a real jigsaw is supposed to do. No weird vibrations going through your hands while you’re trying to make little cuts in wood or steel for projects around your house.
You get the perfect cut every time with our cool new Bosch Jigsaw Sliding Tilt Handle Kit! With low-vibration technology and a 7 amp motor, any work-from-home DIYer will love this handy jigsaw.
- The tool-less blade change system and fast insertion with a blade ejection make quick work of all kinds of cuts so you can spend your time making more productive-cuts.
- Bosch JS470E Jig Saw has all the features like accuracy and steel balance for smoother touches on uneven surfaces.
- And with 4-orbital action tool settings providing different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts, the variable speed dial sets a maximum speed, and the accelerator trigger controls operating speed; no one will stand in your way
10. DEWALT DW317K Jig Saw
- Keyless, lever-action blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes
- 5.5 amp motor of the jig saw deliver powerful cuts
- Variable speed delivers 0 – 3,100 strokes per minute
Buttery-smooth cuts. The DEWALT DW317K jigsaw is just that easy to use! Invest in what you can’t afford to lose with this powerhouse jigsaw, it has every tool, attachment, and bit you might need for your project.
Powerful performance with 5.5 amp motor delivers unmatched cutting power on metal or wood surfaces of any variety. With variable speeds up to 3100 strokes per minute, there are no excuses not to get the job done quicker than ever before – create detailed pieces with detailed finishes right out of the box!
- The DEWALT DW317K Jig Saw is a 4-position orbital action, which allows you to balance the cut quality and speed.
- The all-metal gear case provides superior durability on a professional site while shoe bevels from 0 degrees to 45 degrees for your precision cuts.
- Keyless blade clamp makes changing blades quick, easy, and safe without touching blade or reciprocating shaft.
How to Choose the Best Jigsaws? – Buying Guide
Before you buy a jigsaw, you should understand the aspects that influence the tool’s operation to choose one that is appropriate for your project. Here are the most important factors to consider.
This is an important feature to consider, particularly if you are working in a dusty environment. Some units include this feature while others do not – that’s why it’s important to look for this when choosing your jigsaw.
Whether or not the blade snaps into place depends on what material you’re using and how thick it is.
The blade will likely remain in place if you’re cutting thin, soft materials like foam or plastic. But thicker materials may require you to remove and replace the blade.
The best way to work on a jigsaw is by reducing your vibrations and controlling the tool. Having vibration reduction will allow you to cut with ease and can help reduce fatigue when working long hours.
This is a feature that allows you to lock the trigger. You can use it while changing blades or if you want to make multiple cuts without having to hold down on the trigger.
Jigsaw blades are dangerous, so it’s best to explore jigsaws with certain safety features installed. These will keep you safe while working and reduce the risk of injury in case something goes wrong.
Jigsaws, like other power tools, are available in both corded and cordless versions. A corded jigsaw may be a good choice if you want a powerful jigsaw for precise woodworking daily.
However, if you need a portable jigsaw for little tasks, a battery-powered version may be preferable. Otherwise, you will have to use an extension cord with the cordless jigsaw. Therefore, it is best to decide what kind of power source you want before purchasing a jigsaw.
Since jigsaws are used to cut different materials, they can be considered tools that work under tough conditions.
Because of this, the best jigsaws should be durable and sturdy enough to withstand continuous pressure.
Check reviews about the product you want to buy and see what previous users have to say about durability and quality of workmanship.
Most jigsaw manufacturers claim that their products are the best, but you can find out how well a jigsaw performs by reading jigsaw reviews.
You should also consider which features would be most beneficial for your project, whether versatility or precision. For example, if you are looking for a jigsaw with an adjustable base, you can take a look at our review of the best jigsaws with an adjustable base.
Upside-down tables are useful for some projects, while downward blades can be used in others. Thus, variable inches of cutting speed will allow you to work on different materials at the appropriate speeds.
Another aspect that affects jigsaw performance is blade changing speed. Some models have quick-release mechanisms which allow you to change the blades quickly and easily.
The bevel angle determines the depth of cuts and the ability to make straight cuts along the edge. Most jigsaws have a horizontal capacity of around fifty degrees, but some models offer up to seventy-five degrees.
To get precise or angled cuts, you can use either an adjustable bevel handle or an adjustable foot located on the tool’s base.
If you need a jigsaw that can bevel from 0°-45°, you should find one that has an adjustable foot.
This will provide enhanced accuracy and convenience when working on materials of different thicknesses.
On the other hand, if your project requires straight cuts along the edge of thick or thin boards, it would be better to buy a jigsaw with an adjustable bevel handle.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
Tool-less blade changes are usually considered as features that do not affect the overall performance of a jigsaw. However, if you change your blades often because the one included with your jigsaw is not suitable for all materials, tool-free blade changes will prove to be convenient.
Laser guide projects a laser beam onto the material’s surface to help you line up your cut accurately.
This feature can be very useful, especially for working with multiple pieces that have similar dimensions.
The LED light illuminates the cutting lines, making it easy for you to know where the blade will cut. This feature is especially useful in low-lit areas or on dark materials.
Benefits of Jigsaw
As opposed to circular saws or table saws, jigsaws can cut intricate shapes and curves.
They are also great for creating joints, especially with the help of a router. This makes jigsaws ideal tools for fine woodworking projects.
Manufacturers now offer cordless jigsaws, making it easier for you to cut materials even in hard-to-reach areas.
Some models come with LED lights or laser guides so that you can easily see your target lines.
The blade changes are also tool-free, allowing you to quickly change blades when the one included is not suitable for a specific material.
Compared to other power tools such as circular saws and miter saws, jigsaws are generally more affordable.
However, if you choose a cordless model, it can be even cheaper than some benchtop drills.
With the growing number of affordable brands and models in the market today, unless you use jigsaws daily, it is still advisable to go for a more expensive model.
Since cordless models operate on battery power, they are also very portable and easy to use.
This is particularly important for general users who will occasionally use the tool; thus, it needs to be lightweight and small enough to bring along during different projects.
5. Efficient Cutting
Since jigsaws can cut through different materials, including plastic, metal, and wood, they are also more efficient compared to other tools.
Corded jigsaws are usually best for cutting metal. They work well on thick metal sheets because of their high power and make accurate cuts.
Cordless jigsaws are the most convenient for cutting wood because the blades are easier to change and come in various shapes.
FAQs about Best Heat Guns
Is it possible to cut metal, stone, or laminate with a jigsaw?
Yes, it is possible to cut through metal with a jigsaw. In fact, it can be used to cut through many different types of material, which have been previously mentioned in this article.
Will I need a distinct saw blade for each cut?
The answer to this question will depend on the individual jigsaw and the material you are attempting to cut. In most cases, however, a standard blade should be sufficient for cutting through many different materials.
Is it possible to sharpen my jigsaw blade?
Yes, there are specific tools available to you which will allow you to sharpen your jigsaw blade. Many manufacturers offer these sharpening systems on their websites, so it would be best to check with your tool manufacturer before attempting this on your own.
What size extension cord do I need?
It would be best to consult the user’s manual for your jigsaw, as it will provide you with all of the specifications you need to know about your jigsaw. The only way to know if a certain cord is suitable for use with your tool is if it has been tested and approved by the manufacturer.
How thick can a jigsaw cut?
While most saws can cut through less than half an inch thick, some jigsaws can cut through thicker material, 1.5 inches. It is best to check the specifications of your desired model before making a purchase.
Why won’t my jigsaw be cut straight?
One of the most common reasons for this is that the blade included with your jigsaw isn’t suitable for cutting through certain types of material. You may need to replace this with a different blade in order to get the desired results.
What is a barrel grip jigsaw?
A barrel grip jigsaw has the sole purpose of making it easier for you to operate your saw. You can control the tool more precisely with these kinds of devices, so they are ideal for both small and tight spaces.
So, to conclude this article, it would be best to say that if your project requires straight cuts along the edge of thin or thick boards, you should look for one with an adjustable bevel handle. If you change your blades often because the one included with your jigsaw isn’t suitable for all materials, tool-free blade changes will prove to be convenient.
The laser guide projects a laser beam onto the material’s surface to help you line up your cut accurately. It can be extremely useful, especially for working with multiple pieces with similar dimensions.
I hope you liked this article, guys!