Have you come across marvelous woodwork products and wondered how they are made so flawless? Do you have the slightest idea of how the shelf you are about to buy became what it is now? Well, a few people who understand woodworking can attest that to cut pieces of wood to precise shape and size, you need a good table saw.
Table saws versatile, convenient, and meticulous machines, which help you to produce more high-quality wood items within a shorter period. One such table saw is the SawStop Jobsite table saw that comes with a mobile cart to simplify mobility without the need for an additional portable table saw stand. Not only does this saw offer you precision and convenience, but it also gives you top-notch safety features. You are assured of lower injury risk when using this saw as it has state of the art protection gadgets.
Manufactured by one of the leading saw companies, the SawStop Jobsite table saw will ensure that you finish your projects on time, hustle-free.
Want to learn more about the SawStop saw and understand how it will improve your woodworking? Read on to find out more about the SawStop JSS-MCA Saw, such as its features, Pros, Cons, and benefits. In the end, you will be able to make an informed decision when purchasing this saw.
Let’s start with the features of this amazing tool by SawStop JSS.
Features of the SawStop Jobsite Saw
Here are the unique features of the SawStop Jobsite Saw
Simple single-turn elevation system
The unit has a simple one-hand-wheel elevating mechanism that allows you to adjust the blade up or down in a single turn. This is one of the unique features since table saws of other brands use several movements to get the same action done.
A swift and quick tilt of the blade
The SawStop Mobile Cart Saw has a one-degree tilting feature that gives you the luxury to tilt the saw swiftly and quickly. With this, you can easily change the tilts in a flick of a wrist.
An onboard accessory storage system
The unit comes with a drawer as part of the machine that gives you ample space to store the small removable parts of the table saw. The storage protects the accessories from rusting and damage. Additionally, you get to access the parts when you need them quickly.
An ErgoLock T-styled lock
The fence of the SawStop Mobile Cart saw has a T-slide locking system that smoothly glides and locks in the piece of wood into a static position. The material is held firmly and safe by the ErgoLock system, a one of a kind feature unique to the manufacturer. This, in turn, increases accuracy and supportability alongside its extendable shelf.
The Wheels for mobility
The SawStop JSS-MCA Saw comes with well-defined wheels that make it easy for you to move the machine from place to the other.
A low profile blade guard and a large rip capacity
The saw has a blade guard and the micro-adjustable system, which helps you to achieve quality, fine cuts with perfect precision. It has a 25-½ inches rip capacity that accommodates a wide variety of cuts.
A tool-zero clearance insert
The tool feature makes working on SawStop Jobsite very simple and speedy. When you want to detach parts, you do not require other tools to remove and replace the guards.
The switches have been placed on strategic positions within an arm’s reach. The SawStop Jobsite Saw also has LED-lit indicators that inform you of the status of the machine. Each combination of light indicates the state and mode the saw is on when working.
Accessories that come with the unit
The SawStop Jobsite Saw comes with all its accessories included in the initial cost. These include:-
- Collapsible rolling cart
- JSS micro blade guard
- Two riving knives
- Blade wrenches
- Push stick
- 10-inch carbide-tipped blade
- Standard brake cartridge
- Miter gauge
- 3/4/5 mm hex keys
Power, blade speed and weight
The SawStop JSS-MCA Table Saw has a 15-Amp motor that produces 1.5 HPH. The blade runs at 4000 rounds-per-minute, and it weighs 108 pounds.
Pros and Cons of the SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Table Saw
- The LED indicator system gives you an idea of the state the machine is on. If the saw is in a safe operational zone, you see on the indictor. Likewise, you also know when something is not working correctly and get to fix the issue instantly. For instance, if the material is not properly locked down, the indicators will tell you. It gives you safe working experience.
- The switching system is conveniently reachable to allow you to switch the unit on and off when need be. Sometimes your hands may be occupied, which is why the off switch can be accessed at knee height.
- With the collapsable rolling cart, you can promptly move the cart from one place to another.
- It is very easy to use, thanks to the alignment lines and depth gauges.
- Working on the unit is safe as the material being worked on is locked in firmly on the table, preventing the piece’s being kicked backward eventuality.
- The one-degree adjustment of the cuts gives you so much versatility that you can cut your wooden piece into whatever angle you wish besides the 45-degree and the 90-degree ones.
- The ability to swap out the inserts and tools without needing extra tools is a win for the SawStop Table Saw.
- The piece has minimum vibration, noise, and heat build-up, which keeps the machine in top shape.
- Its power cord is longer than the standard 6 feet, and this allows you to work better with more space around you.
- The unit comes with a one year warranty from the time of purchase.
- One notable con is that the unit does not come with extra accessories, if you break the ones provided, you have to purchase the replacement at an additional cost.
- Given the investment of the unit, the warranty seems to be unmatched. It would be great if the guarantee were a little bit stretched out for a while longer.
- Some users find the SawStop JSS-MCA Table Saw a bit too heavy than a typical benchtop table saw.
- There is no hard stop on the fine adjustment, which means that it can go off very quickly.
Projects You May Use the SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Table Saw to complete
Have you been wondering about projects that can go well with the SawStop JSS-MCA Table Jobsite Saw? Here are a few ideas to kick start your woodworking journey.
Making a pot rack
A typical pot rack is installed on the ceiling of your kitchen. The pot rack can be hanged using chains and consists of slots where you can hang cooking pots and other cutlery. It brings a whole new element in the storage of utensils and saves you a lot of space. The good news is that with the SawStop JSS-MCA Table Saw, you can get this done within a few days.
Making this piece to place on your patio for feeding the birds is more straightforward than it looks. There are multitudes of tutorials online that you can follow step by step using your SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Table Saw to make the bird feeder. Feel free to use different kinds of designs and sophistication.
Wooden sofa sleeve cap holder
Isn’t it annoying that when you try to place a cup of water or tea on the armchair, it keeps on spilling? This can be sorted out by making a cap holder and comfortably watch the TV or enjoy reading a novel. The SawStop Jobsite Table Saw precise cutting capabilities will help you complete this project in under a day.
On a quest to look for more places to put your shoes, why not use the SawStop Jobsite Table Saw to make one. It is effortless. Get the measurements, cut the wood, and install. Okay, it might not be just that simple. However, you can get a tutorial to achieve the project in just a day.
Another scheme to offer you more unique storage spaces is a simple coat rack that you can easily make with the SawStop Jobsite Table Saw.
Lastly, you can use your SawStop Jobsite Saw to make a shelved workbench. The same bench could be used to store other tools that you use in the workshop.
The items named above are just a few of the projects you can try out using a SawStop Jobsite Saw.
The SawStop will help to complete many high-Quality Projects
Revisiting the woodwork items we talked about in the beginning, it is safe to say that it is possible to make them using a SawStop JSS-MCA Saw. The machine is a worthy investment that will provide you top-notch table saw features. So now that you have an idea of the product, why not give it a try?