Table saws are a great inclusion on any workman’s shop, and it really gives a hand on working with all those cabinetry items. But when it comes to choosing one, almost all of the new workmen get in trouble.
What is a Hybrid Table Saw?
A hybrid table saw is a table saw that is made to look like an expensive stationary table saw but the internals contains the cheaper tables equipment, making them appear more expensive, but actually have a cheaper price point.
6 Best Hybrid Table Saw Reviews
|SawStop 10” Contractor Saw With T-Glide Fence System||• Reliability|
• Unmatched Quality
• Sawstop Patented Safety System
|Shop Fox W1837 10” Open-Stand Hybrid Table Saw||• Lift-off fence with front/rear locking ability|
• Rip capacity: 30" to right, 15" to left
• Easy to assemble
|Ridgid R4512 10” 13-Amp Cast Iron Table Saw||• Smooth adjustments along the rail|
• Cast iron table minimizes vibration
• 13 Amp motor delivers up to 3450 RPM
|Powermatic PM1000 30” Rip 10” Table Saw||• Sturdy|
|Laguna Tools Fusion 36” Rip 110V||• Blade diameter 10″ Arbor 5/8″|
• Dustless cabinet design
• Built in mobility kit
|Grizzly Industrial G0771Z 10” 2HP Hybrid Table Saw||• Tech Support|
1. SawStop 10” Contractor Saw With T-Glide Fence System
You can consider this contractor saw as a complete package, delivering performance, precision, and safety. This makes it an ideal choice for those looking for a reliable saw at a pocket-friendly price.
It is designed to give you the versatility, reliability, and safety to complete any project. In addition, with better-than-hybrid performance, the saw ensures to render peace of mind that you can expect only from SawStop’s proprietary safety system.
This SawStop’s 10” tool is a true contractor’s saw with a professional T-Glide fence system made of thick-gauge steel. It will allow you to operate the device smoothly on an expansive work area, getting you precise cuts. However, unlike many other contractors’ saws, the SawStop has redesigned the arbor and blade-raising mechanism to get you more stability, strength, and precision.
Furthermore, it comes with poly v-ribbed belts that will help you get great cuts and reduce vibration. In addition, it offers a 0.010-inch maximum gap diagonally. Another impressive feature is the SawStop’s patented safety system. It runs the device with complete peace of mind as the exclusive safety mechanism is designed to prevent life-altering injuries. The spinning blade will stop in less than five milliseconds if it gets in contact with your skin.
SawStop acknowledges the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control) classification of sawdust as a carcinogen and addresses it with an effective solution. It equipped the saw with an under-table shrouding, a Dust Collection Port Adapter, and Dust Collection Blade Guard. So no matter how big your project is, this saw will consume most of the dust created while operating. Now, coming to the best part –
The manufacturer provides you with more than 150 different configurations with this contractor’s saw. Some of the few ways of upgrading include adding a router table or a sliding crosscut table and a mobile base. Or you can even add cast iron wings to make a full cast iron tabletop, a sliding crosscut table attachment, or a 27” in-line router table! This most configurable contractor’s saw can meet all your cutting needs.
Finally, what also makes this SawStop contactor saw an appealing choice for contractors is its portability. Thanks to its integrated mobile base, you can move the saw easily anywhere around the shop. It boasts a fully welded rigid construction with two 360-degree casters and fixed wheels. In addition, you can position it effortlessly with the ergonomic one-foot operation that allows you to lift the saw in a single motion.
The package also includes a Control Box with a power paddle, on-off switch, and an onboard computer to keep you safe every time you use the saw. Overall, the fit and finish on this SawStop contractor saw are excellent.
Features of the SawStop 10” Contractor Saw With T-Glide Fence System
- A Professional T-Glide Fence system for smooth operation
- An effective dust collection system to keep the workspace clean
- Over 150 unique configurations to meet all contractors’ needs
- The Integrated Mobile Base offers easy mobility
- The ergonomic one-foot operation ensures easy positioning
- Its trunnion and arbor are designed for stability, strength, and precision
- The SawStop patented safety system reduces a potentially life-altering injury to a mere scratch.
Pros & Cons of the SawStop 10” Contractor Saw With T-Glide Fence System
- Versatile and reliable
- Completely safe to use
- Solid construction
- It doesn’t produce much vibration
- It can be configured in over 150 ways to meet various cutting needs
- Excellent performance
- Moisture in the air won’t set off this saw
- Beautiful finish and quality
- The emergency stop feature is awesome
- The raise and tilt features work well
- The table is strong and flat
- Its miter slots are parallel
- The locking wheel mobile base is solid.
- The fence can be pretty difficult to set it parallel to the blade
- The stamped extension wing tables aren’t great
- Its main table isn’t flat on the rear edge.
2. Shop Fox W1837 10” Open-Stand Hybrid Table Saw
The next saw in our list is from the well-known brand in the woodworking industry, Shop Fox. And interestingly, this hybrid table saw W1837 stands out when it comes to Shop Fox’s best hybrid table saws. While it’s a hybrid saw, you can use it for more applications than a cabinet or a regular contractor saw.
The W1837 delivers a better cutting performance than other hybrid saws. Plus, its additional features assure precision, convenience, and safety.
The Shop Fox W1837 comes with an efficient riser system and built-in caster wheels that make height adjustment and movement easy-peasy. Moreover, its mobile base will allow you to lift off the fence effortlessly. You just need to give a slight push on the foot levers. So the W1837 is an ideal hybrid saw for on-the-go users. Bring the tool wherever you need it and lock it on two ends, ensuring accurate cutting results.
In addition, its fence design promises robustness and on-point precision. Another impressive feature is the ample workstation on the Shop Fox W1837. It comes with a solid cast-iron worktop measuring 40-1/4” x 27”. Plus, it houses a 2-HP single-phase motor that generates enough power to cut off softwood and harder types of wood. Finally, Shop Fox has equipped its W1837 saw with a cut-out bottom, unlike many hybrid saws.
The entire unit is covered by a steel motor, whereas the rear panels offer easy access to the internals. Eventually, it will make maintenance of motors convenient. However, with 3450 RPM, this hybrid saw can rip through various types of wood. In addition, you can tilt the blade up to 45-degree, making it compatible with tackling bevels, miters, and chamfers.
On top, the hybrid saw comes with an enclosed steel upper stand that seals in dust efficiently. There are even flexible wings on the guard designed to prevent dust leakage on both sides of the cut. In addition, you will benefit from an excellent vacuum system that you can pair with any regular dust collection system via a 4-inch outlet.
The Shop Fox W1837 promises both reliability and safety with no trouble. It eliminates the trouble of overheating with its thermal overload protection functionality, keeping the saw safe from fluctuating current. However, the interchangeable riving knife is a bonus. It will keep you safe from guard-less blade operations and hazardous kickbacks.
Overall, its portability and weight make the Shop Fox W1837 convenient to carry effortlessly around the shop or another job site. Considering its price, it would be a great choice for home woodworkers or newbies. More so, its quality and impressive features will meet all needs of hobbyists.
Features of the Shop Fox W1837 10” Open-Stand Hybrid Table Saw
- The 120V/240V, the 2-HP motor can run on a 20A, 120V circuit
- Its 4-inch dust port comes with an enclosed cabinet bottom
- Steel wings on the precision-ground cast iron table offer added safety and precision
- A rip capacity of 15-inch to left and 30-inch to right
- Its lift-off fence comes with rear/front locking ability.
Pros & Cons of the Shop Fox W1837 10” Open-Stand Hybrid Table Saw
- Robust built
- Easy to set up and little to no adjustments required
- Lightweight, weighing about 250 pounds
- It features solid cast iron trunnions
- The saw produces less vibration and noise
- The blade guards and anti-kickback pawls offer added safety
- It’s versatile
- The interchangeable true riving knife protects non-through cutting operations
- The built-in kickstand operated mobile base is handy
- It features a built-in foot operated mobility system
- The maximum dado width is 13/16 inches
- Its blade plate can be adjusted using set screws
- The steel wings and wheels make it easier to lift and move short distances
- It comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- It’s difficult to get the level according to the instructions
- The rear rail isn’t solid
- The solid top isn’t perfectly flat
- Its sliding guide doesn’t hold square. It needs adjustment regularly.
3. Ridgid R4512 10” 13-Amp Cast Iron Table Saw
This competitively priced table saw stands out in the market with its versatility, compactness, precision, and performance. The Ridgid R4512 is packed with several valuable features that make it an ideal saw for DIY or professional hobbyists.
First, it houses a fan-cooled belt-driven induction motor, generating a no-load speed of 3450 RPM. This means you will get ample power to rip through a wide array of dense materials and stock sizes without any hassle. However, if your workshop has this power supply, you can rewire the 110V motor for 220V. Simply follow the instructions in the manual while doing it!
You will be impressed with its adjustable speed functionality. The speed can be adjusted as per your project’s needs. And you can rip through soft metals, plywood, and even plastics at a lower speed level of the blade. However, one essential aspect of this Ridgid R4512 is its ripping capacity. This will allow you to handle workpieces of 3.25 inches thick at 90-degree and a depth of about 2.25 inches at a 45-degree bevel.
Additionally, you get a rip capacity of 15-inches to the left of the blade and 30-inches to the right. Coming to the portability, this saw features a wheeled base with two wheels on its two legs. Moreover, the saw comes with a foot lever, rendering one-step mobility. You can easily raise the machine onto its wheels and move it anywhere around your workshop or garage.
You can’t miss noting its top-class iron core table with a flat surface. It also ensures less vibration. The tabletop offers a generous working area, measuring 20” x 27”. In addition, the extension wings make up a considerable space to carry out ripping off big workpieces.
This saw is accompanied by a 40-tooth carbide-tipped combo blade of 10-inches. However, the standard 5/8 inches arbor is compatible with any standard 10” saw blade and dado blade up to 13/16” wide. On top, the aluminum fence is designed to run smoothly on the rails and grabs solidly with no deflection. It can even be locked on the back and front rail.
Another impressive feature is its dust management system. A universal dust port of 4” works perfectly with most vacuum cleaners. Connect it to your collection bag or vacuum and enjoy more efficient dust management.
Finally, the Ridgid R4512 saw is designed to keep users’ safety in mind. It features a transparent blade guard that keeps you aware of what’s going on during operation. Plus, you will benefit from an anti-kickback mechanism and a plastic push stick.
Features of the Ridgid R4512 10” 13-Amp Cast Iron Table Saw
- Transparent blade guard
- A powerful 13-Amp motor generating up to 3450 RPM
- Front-and-back clamping aluminum rip fence for smooth and precise adjustments
- Anti-kickback system
- Single-action foot pedal
- Large over-mold handle
- A cast-iron core table reduces vibration
- On/Off button
- Built-in onboard storage to support large workpieces.
Pros & Cons of the Ridgid R4512 10” 13-Amp Cast Iron Table Saw
- Well-designed and well-balanced
- Easy to adjust and use
- You can use a dado set on this saw
- It can cut nearly everything
- The anti-kickback feature is useful
- The built-in accessory storage offers ample space to keep most essential tools
- Its dust management system is impressive
- The 4” dust port is compatible with most vacuum cleaners
- It produces less vibration
- Stable to use
- The miter gauge ensures enhanced cutting accuracy.
- It’s a bit tricky to assemble
- The wheels are of poor quality
- It is a little bit heavyweight.
4. Powermatic PM1000 30” Rip 10” Table Saw
The Powermatic PM1000 can fit into a workshop easily without taking any hassle of rewiring. Seasoned woodworkers are quite familiar with this brand because of the table saw quality they produce. With this Powermatic PM100, you can enjoy a full range of cuts by pivoting the gauge by 60-degree. In addition, the saw will operate flawlessly with only 115V power, making it a more power-effective option than many others.
However, the motor is something that you should consider before purchasing. This Powermatic saw packs the PM1000 motor that quickly generates enough power to rip through the wood. And paired with a good fencing system, it makes cutting much easier without facing hardships.
Furthermore, its efficient locking system locks any piece down to the table. Thus, get ready to get more straight and precise cuts with the Powermatic PM1000 saw.
Are you worried about safety? No fret! Powermatic designed this machine, giving your safety the priority. The blade comes with a guard to make the entire experience less risky, eventually putting your mind at ease. So this saw eliminates all fears of serious damage or injuries due to the blade spinning.
Another advantage it offers is the dust collection system that absorbs the dust generated during operation.
Thus, you won’t have to stress about cleaning up your workspace. The dust collection hose will offer you a better working time with this Powermatic saw. And the best part is that you won’t have to encounter kickbacks while working.
Features of the Powermatic PM1000 30” Rip 10” Table Saw
- The 7” handwheels are ergonomically designed to make bevel and blade height adjustments easy
- Tool-less guard assembly ensures added safety
- It’s wired for 115V usage
- The 1-3/4 HP motor comes with a poly-v belt that minimizes vibration
- Its excellent dust collection power eliminates the hassle of cleaning the workspace
- Precision-ground cast ironwork surface for smoother operation
- Tool-less guard assembly with independent side leaves.
Pros & Cons of the Powermatic PM1000 30” Rip 10” Table Saw
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to use
- It comes with an effective locking system
- You can make cuts at different angles
- The safety guard is of good quality
- The dust collector works efficiently
- It offers utmost control over any work
- The bevel and blade height adjustments are easy
- The instructions are comprehensive and clear.
- It doesn’t come with a thin kerf riving knife
- You may face some alignment issues
- It takes time to assemble.
5. Laguna Tools Fusion 36” Rip 110V
Laguna Tools is recognized for its products’ simple design, performance, and optimized price tag. And this 36-inch table saw is one of the best tools packed with the functionalities you need for woodworking. It’s an evolution in the table saw technology.
The family of upgrades includes arbor tilt micro-adjustment, two poles arbor rising, and a dustless cabinet design. The 1.75HP motor and the tri-union and belt drive are liable for the tool’s sophistication. The saw comes with a 36-inch fence on its back and front, ensuring a smoother transition between one cut and another. Even it boosts the precision when you are handling hard jobs.
Moreover, it boasts a cast-iron tabletop with a mirror flat surface, ensuring precise cuts. Finally, this tool is ergonomically designed that ensures the smooth functioning of the 10” blade.
Nevertheless, a fascinating feature of this Laguna table saw is its built-in mobility kit. The saw exhibits a high-quality square design zero-clearance throatplate with a quickly removable knob. This allows you to change the blades easily and offers better contact points on the cast.
In addition, you can easily make custom throatplates. However, it comes with an interchangeable riving knife that you can use for multiple actions.
It will be useful even when you aren’t using the blade. With the quick-release knife, you can carry out all cutting jobs smoothly without worrying about any potential dangers. The table is built of iron and comes with an extension and iron wings.
Eventually, you can expect to enjoy maximum stability while cutting. This Laguna table saw even comes with a 4-inch dust port that keeps the surroundings clean.
On top, this saw is compatible with dado blades up to 13/16-inch.
Features of the Laguna Tools Fusion 36” Rip 110V
- The 1.75 HP motor delivers excellent power
- It comes with a 10” blade diameter and a 5/8” arbor
- Built-in mobility kit
- It features a quick-release riving knife to protect against potential dangers
- The 36” fence increases the cutting profile’s precision
- The extension and iron wings provide maximum stability
- It comes with a 4” dust port to keep the surroundings clean.
Pros & Cons of the Laguna Tools Fusion 36” Rip 110V
- It’s lightweight
- Easy to transport and store
- Well-crafted and solidly built
- The riving knife allows you to score the lines perfectly
- The fence comes with knurled knobs that can be adjusted according to the cutting profile
- The blade glides smoothly due to the miter slots
- Changing the blades is hassle-free
- The dust collection system is excellent
- The rails are exquisitely extruded
- You get a zero-clearance plate.
- It’s not compatible with all kinds of materials
- The saw’s design and shape can make it a bit difficult to transport
- The legs could be sturdier.
6. Grizzly Industrial G0771Z 10” 2HP Hybrid Table Saw
Next, we have this hybrid table saw from Grizzly Industrial that incorporates the best features of both cabinet-style and contractor-style table saws. It comes with an enclosed cabinet with heavy-duty cast-iron trunnions, resembling a cabinet saw. Moreover, the 2HP motor generates plenty of power to tackle hardwoods or rip dadoes easily.
This hybrid saw is light enough for moving it around your workspace as a contractor-style saw. It weighs nearly 286 pounds after it is entirely assembled. And coming to its price, the saw is pocket-friendly.
Plus, it boasts simple adjustability and an easy lift-off of the famous T-shape Shop Fox Classic Fence. You will even benefit from the rock-solid front locking mechanism of the Shop Fox Original fence.
Above all, Grizzly Industrial has even equipped this saw with a unique quick-release blade guard. Then, you get a riving knife system that you can change in no time without any hassle. Other impressive features include a precision-ground cast-iron table with extension wings, front table bevel edge, T-slot miter gauge, and easy-glide fence system. In addition, the saw is entirely safe to use.
It comes with a safety switch and a removable start key that protects you from potential dangers. However, a 4-inch dust port is housed in the steel cabinet-type stand to absorb maximum dust. The manufacturer has even prewired it to be compatible with a standard household 20A, 120V circuit.
And the Grizzly G0771Z is backed by a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring a factory defect-free unit.
Features of the Grizzly Industrial G0771Z 10” 2HP Hybrid Table Saw
- Cast-iron trunnions
- Precision-ground table and extension wings
- Easy-glide fence system
- 4” dust port
- Quick-release riving knife and blade guard
- T-slot miter gauge
- It comes with a 10” x 40T carbide-tipped blade.
Pros & Cons of the Grizzly Industrial G0771Z 10” 2HP Hybrid Table Saw
- The motor is powerful enough to cut off hardwoods
- Sturdy construction
- It features heavy-duty cast-iron trunnions
- Lightweight; it can be moved around easily
- The fence can be easily adjusted
- The blade guard offers added security
- You can keep your workspace clean with its 4” dust port
- It can be easily assembled
- The table is perfectly flat
- The fence is square.
- It doesn’t come with a mobile base.
That was the list of best two table saws on the market. Some of the features are made to be for technical persons, and we have tried to make it easy to understand. Hope you have already made your buying decision and that would be helpful to your workmanship.
Best of luck!