So you’ve heard about the new router table all of your friends are talking about but have no idea what it is? Well, never fear! You’ve come to the right place.
Here at [website_name], we specialize in everything woodworking-related- and that includes routers. We don’t just want people to know what a router is, though. We want them to know how it works, why they need one for their home or business, and more importantly, the best available options with a buying guide.
The Router Table Lift: What Is It?
What if you could turn any bench with an adequate workspace underneath into a router table? Well, that’s exactly what the Router Lift does. It holds up your tool upside down and has micro adjustments so it can be tuned in perfectly for smooth results each time. No more crawling under the workbench and moving it up and down by hand!
How Does a Router Lift Table Work?
Well, the Router Lift attaches to your router- there are different types of lifts, but most attach via T-slot track. Once attached, you can then either clamp or screw the router into position. The lift itself is then inserted under an existing bench and locked in place (the lock is built into the lift itself).
Benefits of Router Table Lift
When routing, it’s difficult to raise and lower a router from above the router table without the lift. When you’ve finished setting up your wood router on the lift carriage with a router lift attached to the workbench or router table, things get a lot easier.
It will be simple to modify bit height by simply altering or controlling the lead screw above the router lift’s insert plate.
As a result of the router lift, you get the following advantages:
1. It Is Simple to Modify the Cutting Height of Routing Bits
The router lift is a life-changing tool for anyone who has struggled with adjusting the height of their bit, and it’s difficult to do without one.
One of the most frustrating tasks for any woodworker is making bit height adjustments on their router. The problem with this? You have to take your eyes off what you’re doing, open up a table saw or jigsaw, and then move all those pieces around before making minute changes! Luckily there’s an easier way – just place them under one tool.
2. Micro-Adjustments Are Very Precise
A router lift is useful for making precise bit adjustments. When you use the lift, it’s much simpler to make extremely tiny adjustments. It makes changes of up to 1/1000 inches easy.
3. It’s Quick and Safe to Replace Bits
With this tool, you can make changes from the top of your workbench. It is easier to work with woodworking projects if you use this. You won’t have to get up and change components from underneath the router table anymore.
Operating below the router table is very dangerous. If you do, then there is no light because it’s dark under the table. Furthermore, you could get hurt if you are not using a lift that takes the risk away.
Best Router Lifts For Woodworking Needs
|Kreg PRS5000 Precision Router Lift||• Allows precise above-the-table setup|
• Above-table collet access allows fast
• Fits all Kreg Router tables and many competitive brands
|JET JRL-912 Router Lift||• Four-Post, chain-driven design ensures smooth lifting|
• Above-the-table height and lock adjustment
• Precision-milled aluminum carriage bracket and level screws
|Rockler Pro Router Lift||• Raise your router table fast with the Quick-Gear|
• Push the button to release the insert ring
• Once the bit is installed, quickly lower it
|JessEm Mast-R-Lift II 02120 Router Lift||• Exclusive Cam Locking System|
• Double sealed bearing construction
• Bit Changes above the table for all routers
|Woodpeckers PRL-V2-414 Precision Router Lift||• Fits Milwaukee 5625 Router|
• Instant Quick-lift with spring assisted wrench
• Micro Adjust with thumb wheel
|SawStop RT-LFT Router Lift||• Maximum Router diameter: 4 1/4"|
• Minimum Router diameter: 3 1/4"
• Phenolic insert ring diameter: 3 3/4"
1. Kreg PRS5000 Precision Router Lift
This Kreg precision router lift is the perfect router lift for any woodworker’s table. The precision construction guarantees that your cutting depth, height adjustment, and bit setup are always dead on every time you use it. What else would you expect from a product designed by someone who has been designing routers for over a decade?
- The mechanism uses ball bearings to ensure maximum accuracy by eliminating linear motion on the two rails.
- It also features a high-quality aluminum plate that will not sag or scratch over time, keeping you getting accurate route jobs done after years of use.
- Fast and simple bit change with the 3⁄8″ x 9 1⁄4″ x 11 3⁄4″ (9.5 mm x 235mm x 298mm) product will help you create perfection.
2. JET JRL-912 Router Lift
The JET JRL-912 router lift is all about smooth efficiency. Don’t let your best table saw slow down production or give you cuts that aren’t professional-looking. With the lift, set up and adjustment are a breeze – no more grunting to get a heavy table up!
- The chain-driven design ensures smooth lifting for adjustments above the table height, resulting in simpler, more efficient adjustments.
- Its four-post lift can be driven over the table for smooth lifting with no sloping.
- The height adjustment arms are lockable, so adjustments are quicker and simpler than ever before.
- No more fussing placing router in an elevated position! Get the JET now and work smarter, not harder!
3. Rockler Pro Router Lift
Rockler’s new JET delivers game-changing innovation raised to the highest degree. The ultra-fast Rockler router table insert suitable router lift plate sizes with patent-pending height adjustment in “Quick Gear” and tool-free insert ring change in “Snap Lock” for premium craftsmanship on every project.
- The adjustment gear is a perfect example of the company’s dedication to craftsmanship, with built-in tapering guides that allow for customized profiles at any position up to 3/4″ thick.
- Easy bit changes mean it’s faster than ever to change bits on the router table or the drill press without taking down your workpiece or making complicated adjustments!
- No more time wasted on manual labor; make sure your projects are perfect by investing in our state-of-the-art router lift today.
4. JessEm Mast-R-Lift II 02120 Router Lift
The JessEm 02120 offers a great solution to safely and securely working on your larger projects in the home or even out in the field. The telescoping mast r lift ii reaches a height of 8 feet above the ground, which means you’ll have no problem getting enough space for your deep cuts where it’s needed most. It includes an exclusive cam locking system that self locks when fully retracted.
Not only does this make for less hassle when transporting, but it reduces the risk of accidentally locking yourself out while adjusting your workpiece against gravity. This model also has double sealed bearings, which provide secure power transmission and extended service life beyond standard propellers!
- It fits all fixed-base routers on the market, machined from 3/8 inch solid aluminum with hard anodized finish, and includes tool bits changes above the table for easy bit location.
- This product is manufactured with quality materials to make sure your shop will continue to run smoothly.
- The JessEm goes through rigorous testing both before shipping out as well as during the production process.
- You can feel confident knowing that you are putting your trust into a product that has been thoroughly tested before it enters our doors.
5. Woodpeckers PRL-V2-414 Precision Router Lift
Woodpeckers have got your back with the PRL-V2-414 Precision Router Lift. No more bending down to swap bits, no more clanking around on screws, and no more wrestling with trying to hold the router still while twisting on some new bit—just let it do all that work for you with its spring-assisted wrench.
The PRL-V2-414 is ergonomically designed so you can easily move it around quickly by pulling right or left (instead of having to carry the whole thing over there) and is made of durable engineering plastic, rubber padding on top & bottom surfaces, polyester webbing designed specifically for strength & toughness on top of an industrial-grade metal frame.
So if woodworking isn’t your hobby or you’re looking for a router lift that will be useful in more ways than one, then the Woodpeckers PRL-V2-414 Precision Router Lift is just perfect.
- Its micro-adjustments ensure maximum rigidity, the Woodpeckers precision lift will make any project a breeze.
- The standard kit includes three self-leveling twist Lock which can be easily adjusted without affecting the position of your router bits, allowing anyone with no previous experience to use them right out of the box.
- This PRL-V2-414 router lift is designed with a one-piece router motor carriage, giving it maximum rigidity. The tray hold-down feature will secure your items for safe and easy material placement.
6. SawStop RT-LFT Router Lift
SawStop is the solution for your lofty hang-ups. Put it on autopilot, and you’ll be set with smooth, clean lines in no time. Safely raise or lower your load with a clever telescoping tube; it’s like having someone to help you on all four posts.
But make sure somebody’s close by if things get heavy – this heavy-duty router lift locks into place when you’re overloaded to keep everyone safe & sound.
- Whether you’re a power-tool junkie or you just want to get the perfect cut for that 1-inch piece of wood, SawStop’s chain-synchronized four-post lifting system will make any job faster and easier.
- The positive lock makes folding up easy after use while still keeping everything secure during transportation.
- With adaptive collars to fit multiple router sizes, you’re able to get your projects started right on time!
How to Choose Router Lift? Buying Guide
Choosing a router lift can be quite a daunting task. Many different brands and models of lifts are available, to say nothing of the various price points. With this in mind, we’ve put together a list of aspects you should consider before making your purchase:
You should choose an industrial-grade router lift. It can make sure that you will use it for the long term and there is not much chance of breakage.
When looking for a router table lift, check to see what material the lift itself is made out of and the mounting plate that attaches it to your router table. You want a router lift that is both strong and safe.
The lift should be made of high-quality material ensuring long-lasting performance, for example, aluminum alloy. It will provide you with years of reliable service.
Just one person does not typically use router lifts – this means that it must withstand constant heavy use. Look for a router lift that is made of industrial-grade materials. You want an industrial-grade router table lift that also comes with a strong warranty.
When it comes to ergonomics, the best woodworking routers will have an attached handle to make moving them around easy. If you do not need this kind of perk, you can go with a router lift placed directly on the table.
In the case of router lifts, choose a router lift with a solid steel plate and rubber feet for a firm grip when in use. Also, make sure it has a handle to move around conveniently. It should have an optimal weight-to-lifting capacity ratio. Noise Level:
If you are looking for the best woodworking routers, then stability is one of the most important things that should be looked into. The motor would not come out easily if it received a sturdy lift. It also makes sure that there is steady lifting for less slippage of the router bit.
When working with this tool, you will not have the benefit of seeing what you are doing. The ability to feel how much pressure is being exerted through the lift is crucial for safety purposes.
The weight of the router lift is also important. You should select a router table lift that weighs less than your router. Otherwise, the lift will be more likely to tip over while you are using it.
Weight can play an important role when choosing woodworking routers for many reasons. If the tool is too heavy, then it’s difficult to move around. It can make it hard for multiple users to operate, too. If you are the only person using your router lift, weight may not be an issue.
Some lifts can work great with a plunge router, but not as well with a fixed base. Make sure that you purchase a woodworking lift that will accommodate your specific needs.
Router lifts are all the same. You put one on top of another and then connect them to make it a working tool for daily use. A router table lift is a device that helps you to raise and hang on your small woodworking routers.
Most woodworking routers have a fence system to help them cut through materials. The fence is mounted on the sides of your workbench. With this gadget, the router is able to glide smoothly against it for accurate cuts. You can adjust the height of the router lift before or after mounting it on the table of your choice.
Height adjustment capabilities are a bonus when it comes to woodworking routers. It ensures that you get the most out of your material.
In the case of router lifts, choose a lift with a height adjustment feature with an optimal weight-to-lifting capacity ratio.
The router lift has a locking system to lock the router and ensure it’s placed in one place. Some routers do not need this feature but make sure you get the right equipment if your machine requires it.
If you’ve ever used a woodworking router, then you know how important safety is when operating such tools. When choosing these accessories, you should always prioritize safety. You don’t want a router lift that doesn’t have a locking system. This feature ensures your woodworking routers remain in place while being used.
If you are cutting through thick pieces of material, then stability is vital for precise cuts. If there is no smooth movement on the table’s top, it’s hard to move the router for accurate results.
Different kinds of routers come with different kinds of locking systems. So, make sure that the router lift you choose has the right amount of security before purchasing. It should be user-friendly and easy to install or remove on demand.
Ball Bearing Design
If you are working with different kinds of woodworking routers, then it is necessary to have a router lift that can raise the router bit to match your needs. The ball-bearing mechanism helps you get through thick pieces of material by raising and lowering your tool according to your requirements.
Router Lift Maintenance Tips
Maintaining your router lift should be done after every use. This may include cleaning the lift, tightening hardware, ensuring squareness, leveling the carriage, etc.
- Clean the router lift regularly.
- Check for any damage, such as cracks or tears in the rubber feet.
- Make sure that it’s always locked when not in use, and check for any loose screws like the adjustment knob, micro adjuster, and knobs on the locks of the arm. If you sense anything wrong while using your router table system, change it immediately.
- Router table lifts are amazing tools that give you more accurate cutting heights and can be installed in seconds. Even if you have a high-end router table with super heavy-duty steel construction, this tool will simplify your router cutting tasks. It’s great to have a router lift in your workshop.
- The router table lift is different from the other tools. The way it works makes this system unique and totally different from others. There are some things you should know before buying one of these products to choose wisely according to your requirements. As there are several models on the market, find the right model that meets your requirements.
- You may be looking for a router lift to simplify adjusting your cutting height, or maybe you’re doing some really detailed work where small changes in bit height are critical. Either way, these router lift reviews will help you choose the best router lift for any woodworking need.
- Regularly check all nuts and bolts for tightness.
- For your safety, ensure your hands are clear of any moving parts before powering up the router. Router lifts should always be powered off when not in use.
- Use a vacuum to clean up any dust, shavings, or debris that may have accumulated in the router lift behind the carriage. This will make it easier for you to see when working with your router table or workbench.
- Lubricate the lift’s ball bearings once every few months. Even if they are sealed, air and atmospheric dust will cause wear on the bearings, which is usually accompanied by a quiet grinding sound.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of a router lift?
A router lift raises and lowers the height of your cutting tool. With it, you can change the depth of the cut without having to reposition it.
Do you need a router lift for the router table?
Routers with the same specifications can be used with or without a router lift. Many combo kit routers include a tiny knob for fine height adjustments on the fixed base.
What is the difference between a plunge router and a fixed?
The plunge router lets you lower the bit into a tabletop or other workpiece to create a cut that’s flush to that surface. The fixed base is used only from above the workpiece.
Using a router lift can create a more ergonomic working environment for you by allowing you to adjust the height of your router bit during work without having to reposition the router. This feature is especially useful when working with larger pieces on a table saw or band saw, where it’s often hard to easily get your hands in the right position to operate the router.
While you can buy a dedicated router lift, several good options turn your fixed base or plunge the router into a router lift without too much effort. If you already have a good router in your tool collection, adding a conversion kit to make it into a lift is usually quite affordable. If you’re thinking about buying a combination kit, it will usually include a router with the right specifications to work as a lift.
Thanks for reading this article, and I hope you found the information useful.