Are you considering taking your woodwork hobby to the next level as a professional? If this is the case, then you would need to consider having the best table saw for the money. With the right table saw, there are so many things that you can achieve as it can help in a compound, rip, cross, miter and bevel cuts among others. There are endless things that you can be able to accomplish with the table saw. All you need to do is ensure that you have the best-rated table saw. Table saws are known to be convenient as it is a tool that will give you quality and quantity simultaneously.
DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
- Rack & Pinion Telescoping Fence System
- Rolling stand designed for easy set up
- 15.0A high torque motor
All the cuts that you will make will be accurate and you will be to see the progress as you are making the cuts. If you are contemplating buying the best budget table saw, there are a number of factors that you will need to put into consideration. This is one of the best tools that you can use for all the DIY projects where you need to make quality cuts. If you have very large cutting tasks, a table saw would be quite ideal. In order to get the right table saw, we have come up with a number of table saw reviews, which will serve as a guide. With the numerous models on the market, we have taken the time to look at all the essential factors that would help you make an informed decision and buy a top-rated table saw.
8 Best Table Saw for the Money
|DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw||• Rack & Pinion Telescoping Fence System|
• Rolling stand designed for easy set up
• 15.0A high torque motor
|Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw||• Powerful table saw|
• Soft-start circuitry
|SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw||• SawStop Patedned Safety System|
• Class-Leading Features
|SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10" Portable Worm Drive Table Saw||• Legendary worm drive gearing|
• Light weight and compact footprint
• All-metal construction delivers legendary durability
|Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw||• Easy-glide fence system|
• Cast iron trunnions
• 4" Dust port
|Skil SAW SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw||"• All-metal construction|
• Patented dual-field motor
• 25-inch rip capacity"
|Grizzly Industrial G0869-10” 2 HP Benchtop Table Saw||"• A 10” x 40T carbide-tipped blade|
• A powerful 2 HP motor
• 2000-4000 RPM"
|Goplus 10” 15 AMP Portable Table Saw||"• Height-adjustable carbide-tipped blade|
• 15-Amp motor
• Sliding miter gauge"
As you may have realized, there are countless table saws on the market, which may make it an uphill task for you to buy the right one. With our table saw reviews, you will find valuable information that will help you make the right decision and buy the best value table saw. Here are detailed overview of some of the best table saw available in the market.
1. DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
- Rack & Pinion Telescoping Fence System
- Rolling stand designed for easy set up
- 15.0A high torque motor
Technical Specification of DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw:
The DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2 inch (82.5cm) Rip Capacity and a Rolling Stand is an amazing table saw with an exceptional pinion and rack system. As such, you will be able to enjoy a smooth adjustment of the fence and also achieve accurate cuts without much difficulty. With a rip capacity of 32 ½ inches, you can easily cut through different types of material easily and accurately. The 15 amp monitor will make it possible to rip through hardwood materials with so much ease. The telescoping abilities of the fence will allow you to make accurate and narrow rip cuts.
The DEWALT table saw DWE7491RS has a compact design and can be folded up to make it easier for storage purposes. It comes with quite a number of add-ons like the tabletop extensions that slide out and enhance the efficiency of the table saw. There is a 24 tooth blade that will work perfectly for the rough applications however, you can find the right blade saw to match the power and style of the specific saw that you are using. For instance, you can choose to use a 50 tooth carbide blade with the DEWALT DWE7491RS 10 inch jobsite table saw so that you can get smooth cuts for the various applications.
These dust collection port measures 2 inches and will collect the dust without a problem. In addition, you can connect to a standard vacuum easily and this makes the process of extracting dust quite fast and easy. This is one of the top-rated table saws due to the versatile features that it has and also weighs 90 pounds, which makes it quite sturdy. This is an exceptional 10 table saw that will work perfectly for various applications.
Features of DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw:
- This 10 table saw comes with a 15 amp motor you can check it via voltmeter that will rip through any hardwood material fast and easy.
- The DEWALT DWE7491RS has a rack and pinion fence system that is quite efficient. This will make it easier to have fence adjustments so as to achieve smooth and accurate cuts.
- With the 2-inch dust collection port that connects to a vacuum, you will be able to extract the dust without much of a problem.
- The rolling stand on the DEWALT table saw DWE7491RS will make it easier for you to set up your table saw and gives you great stability.
- The 32 ½ inches rip capacity on the DEWALT DWE7491RS 10 inch jobsite table saw gives you the option to cut through the different trim and shelving materials.
Pros and Cons of DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
- Easy to set up and break down
- It offers excellent stability
- The rack & pinion telescoping fence system makes adjustments accurate and smooth
- The 15.0A high power torque motor can cut through hardwoods and treated lumber easily
- The compact design enables easy storage
- The 24” tooth blade works perfectly for rough applications.
- The bevel cannot be micro-adjusted like the blade height
- Quality control is poor.
2. Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
Technical Specification Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw:
The Bosch 4100 RT is a worksite table saw that is known to be quite durable and efficient. With this tool, you can be able to make precise cuts and it is quite durable, making it a worthwhile investment. The Smart Guard System is an innovative technology that has been incorporated into this Bosch table saw which makes it quite versatile. It also comes with a sturdy base and has handles which make it easier to carry it around. If you are looking for a table saw that will deliver accurate results in a short time, then this would be a perfect choice.
The SquareLock rip fence is also an impressive feature that will enhance your accuracy as you cut through the wood pieces. With the Bosch 4100 table saw, you will be able to get quality control and exceptional sight, without compromising on the protection that you will get. There is a gravity-rise wheeled stand hand that will make it possible to move your table saw to any place that you may need. When you move the table saw, the process of setting it up is straightforward and easy. The 8” treaded pneumatic wheels facilitate the easy movement of this table saw.
Due to the collapsible design, it will be easier to store it up even when you have limited storage space. This Bosch 10 table saw is built to last and has a stand that comes with a powder coat finish. This is a machine that is well fabricated for rugged applications. It is made of aluminum and as such, with the Bosch table saw 4100 RT you will be able to get amazing functionality. This is certainly the best table saw for the money, in so many different aspects.
Features of Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw:
- The Bosch table saw 4100 RT comes with a collapsible design that makes it easier to store, even when you have limited space.
- This Bosch table saw has an innovative gravity-rise stand, which enhances the functionality of the table saw.
- The motor of the Bosch 4100 table saw can handle stock that is up to 25 inches wide, which allows you to handle big tasks.
- Bosch 4100 RT is quite portable and this will make it possible to move it from one worksite to another.
- With the Bosch 10 table saw, you will get high precision cutting when using the 10” table saw with 3,650 rotations per minute.
Pros and Cons of Bosch 4100-RT 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
- The 15-amp motor allows cross-cutting and rip-cutting of rough and fine materials
- The workspace is large enough
- It has a ripping capacity of 30 inches
- No fear of accidental startup due to restart protection
- Work flawlessly
- Easy to transport from one place to another
- Easy to set up and takedown
- It comes with all preventive measures
- Features anti-kickback pawls and riving knife
- It comes with a gravity-rise wheeled stand
- Larger and thicker diameter metal tubing
- Lightweight and durable.
- Hard to adjust for the first time
- It weighs more.
3. SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw
Technical Specification of SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw:
SawStop jobsite saw is one of the best value table saw. This has revolutionized the whole idea of jobsite safety such that you will be able to get the top-notch precision and safety in any cutting job that you may take up. For all the safety-conscious people, this would be the ideal table saw. Whether you are a professional woodworker or a hobbyist, you will be impressed with this particular table saw. You will realize that it is rather heavier than the other brands of the portable saws. However, the heavyweight enhances the stability of the table saw when in use.
SawStop jobsite table saw has a wide range of features that are not common in most table saws in its category. There a one of a kind braking technology that has been incorporated into the table saw and this is quite remarkable. Even in instances where there are nails or wet wood, the saw has an ingenious technology that allows it to pass over the barriers. You will have the option to override its automatic brake when you are using the cut by cut basis. In addition to this, there is a notification that alerts you when you make the cut that would have otherwise triggered braking.
The SawStop JSS-MCA comes with a foldable base that has wheels. This will make it easier to move it from one point to another and also eases the process of storage. As far as mobility goes, there are handles, similar to those on a wheelbarrow, and very large wheels. As such, irrespective of the terrain, you will be able to move the table saw from one job site to another. Inasmuch as the table saw is heavier than most similar models, they have made it easier to move it around. This makes it the best jobsite table saw.
Features of SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw:
- The SawStop jobsite table saw comes with a one-turn elevation feature which will allow you to lower and raise the blade conveniently with a single turn.
- One of the most remarkable features of this table saw is mobility as it comes with very large wheels and handles like a wheelbarrow.
- The SawStop job site saw has a T-style fence, which has ErgoLock, which makes it possible to slide and lock tightly with a simple push.
- The low profile blade guard and the micro-adjust system will make it easier for you to achieve quality cuts, with exceptional precision.
- The tool-free zero clearance adjustment is among the features that make this to rank as the best jobsite table saw.
Pros and Cons of SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw
- It comes with the brand’s patented safety system
- Features 1.5 HP motor
- The spinning blade stops when it comes in contact with the skin
- The 24 5/8 inches table depth offers better accuracy
- It can handle larger materials easily
- Easy blade-height adjustment
- The T-style Ergolock fence slides smoothly and locks tightly with one-touch
- It’s also easy to manage thin workpieces
- The foot pedal ensures easier mobility.
- The miter gauge doesn’t work properly
- The fence moves slightly when unlocking and locking
- It’s a bit loud.
4. SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
- Legendary worm drive gearing
- Light weight and compact footprint
- All-metal construction delivers legendary durability
Technical Specification SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″:
This is the first worm drive table saw and is perfectly designed to handle all ripping tasks conveniently. The Skilsaw SPT70WT 01 has exceptional power to be able to handle any ripping tasks without succumbing to the pressure. This is made possible by the Worm Drive gear that will give optimal power and the maximum torque that is required for the purpose of cutting through the materials. It comes with a top-notch 15 am motor, which is the dual field and this will give your table saw exceptional power, without overheating. It remains cool even when you have continuous cutting tasks.
If you have full pieces of plywood, then the Skilsaw table saw will cut through without a problem. This is as a result of the saw featuring the 25” rip capacity and a depth of 3 ½ inches. You will not need to worry about aligning the saw as you can make accurate cuts as the rip fence aligns itself and makes it possible to adjust the bevel. You can move from 1° to 46° and get true cutting without much difficulty. There is a 24 tooth carbide tipped blade, insert plate, wrench, push stick and miter gauge among others on this portable table saw.
You can easily make large cuts and manage them with so much ease. This is actualized by the innovative worm drive gearing of the Skilsaw worm drive table saw. Usually, such power is usually available in the handheld saws, but this particular model of the table saw has made it a reality. The motor has an RPM of 5,300, which is quite impressive and makes it easier to rip through different materials. While this is a portable saw, it is quite durable as it is made of a die-cast aluminum top and a steel roll cage. With a weight of 49 pounds, this is the best portable saw for jobsites.
Feature of SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″
- The Skilsaw SPT70WT 01 is a first of its kind, especially when it comes to the legendary gearing through the Worm Drive technology, which gives you maximum torque and power.
- The portable table saw is quite light and has a compact design making it easier to move around from one site to another.
- With the Skilsaw worm drive table saw, you will be able to rip different materials as it comes with a depth cut of 3 ½ inches and a 25” rip capacity.
- The dual field, 15 amp motor is pretty solid and will allow you to enjoy continuous cutting while maintaining cool temperatures.
- There is a self-aligning rip fence on the Skilsaw table saw, which makes it possible to achieve ultimate precision and true cutting.
Pros and Cons of SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″
- The worm drive gearing provides the highest torque while ripping
- Adjusting the fence is quick and smooth
- Ensures accurate cuts every time
- Lightweight and durable
- It can be easily moved from one place to another
- The saw can cut through sheet goods, slicing up to 3x
- The patented dual-field motor runs smoothly and for a longer time.
- The worm drive technology is excellent.
- The miter gauge is cheaply made.
5. Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw
Technical Specification Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw:
The GRIZZLY G0690 is one of a kind and for anyone who is looking for the best table saw for the money should really consider this model. The unique design and practical functionality are what has made most people choose this table saw in most cases. This is the true definition of performance and quality when it comes to table saws. It has trunnions that are made from solid cast iron to enhance durability and the performance of this cabinet table saw. The unique design and make of the table saw guarantees you a lifetime performance.
The cast iron construction of the table with miter gauge T-slots and powder coated paint cabinet makes this a heavy-duty table saw. The 3 HP Leeson motor and a triple belt drive and wings are also features that make the table saw stand out from the others. There’s a 4-foot dust collection port and this will make it easier to collect all the sawdust. The extraction is also quite easy as the dust port can connect to a standard vacuum cleaner without a problem. The Grizzly table saw review will make you appreciate the exceptional features that it has.
Another thing that makes the table saw stand out from the rest is the riving knife that has a quick-release mechanism. There is also a quick-release blade guard and a push stick that will enhance the performance table saw. The riving knife moves up and down and will also tilt the blade without much difficulty. The easy-glide fence system comes with knobs that are knurled up and this will make it easier to adjust the fence with the nylon runners. This is certainly the best cabinet table saw that you will come across on the market.
Features of GRIZZLY G0690 Cabinet Table Saw
- The GRIZZLY G0690 comes with a riving knife and a blade guard, which are unique features that enhance the versatility of this table saw.
- There is a quick-release mechanism that will make it fast and easy to release the riving knife, motor guard, and also the splitter assembly.
- This is the best cabinet table saw as a result of the easy glide fence system that comes with knurled knobs that will make it easier to adjust the fence when making cuts.
- With this cabinet table saw, you will be able to make precise cuts as it comes with a T-slot miter gauge and included the dado and standard table inserts.
- The precision hardened as well as the ground polished cast iron top are an assurance of durability according to the Grizzly table saw review.
Pros and Cons of Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw
- The quick-release blade guard and riving knife can be changed quickly
- Easily adjustable fence system
- The enclosed cabinet comes with a 4-inch dust port
- The heavy-duty cast iron trunnions enable to mounting of the cabinet
- The 2 HP motor provides enough power to cut through hardwoods
- Features easy lift-off
- Easy to assemble.
- It does not come with a mobile base.
6. Skil SAW SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
Skil SAW SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
- All-metal construction
- Patented dual-field motor
- 25-inch rip capacity.
Technical Features of Skil SAW SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw:
This table saw would be a great addition to your home or any workshop. The SPT99T-01 has a top-notch construction made of steel. Only the electric box and handle of the table are made of plastic. Nonetheless, the handle is durable and comfortable to hold because of its rubber grip. Plus, it has a screw to ensure it stays in place tightly. What’s more?
Skilsaw has equipped this table saw with long gear teeth that promise the highest torque when cutting sturdy materials. Furthermore, you will benefit from a better carrying capacity. As a result, you can enjoy extra power, making your cutting experience better. In addition, handling heavy loads will be effortless as it renders 5300 RPM.
More so, the 5/8 inches blade arbor hole ensures that it keeps the heavy material below the table. In addition, with a cutting depth of 2 5/8 inches, it can rip more than three times faster. Another impressive feature is its two-sided blades. While the left can rip up to 12-inch deep, the right one has a cutting capacity of up to 25-inch deep. Moreover, its lightweight design makes this saw a more popular choice among home users. It weighs 51.2 pounds with dimensions of 25.2 x 25.75 x 14.88 inches.
Last but not least, the saw features an effective rack and pinion system. Thus, you can rest assured to get precise cuts smoothly whenever you use this portable Skil saw.
Top Features of Skil SAW SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw:
- The table saw comes with long gear teeth that easily handle heavy cutting jobs with the highest torque. It has a 5300 RPM speed.
- It has a 2-5/8 inches cutting depth that can cut more than three times faster.
- The rack and pinion system makes height adjustment easy, thereby helping you to rip the material quickly and smoothly.
- It is lightweight, weighing 51.2 pounds. You can carry this portable device single-handedly.
- The saw houses a powerful 2.4 horsepower motor that can effortlessly rip sturdy and heavy material.
Pros and Cons of Skil SAW SPT99T-01 Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
- Iconic worm drive gearing ensures maximum torque
- Built-in cord wrap and on-tool accessories storage let you stay productive
- The dual-field motor operates cool
- It can rip through sheet goods with a 25-inch rip capacity and 2-5/8 inches cutting depth.
- It doesn’t come with a stand
- A little bit costlier than competitors.
7. Grizzly Industrial G0869-10” 2 HP Benchtop Table Saw
Grizzly Industrial G0869-10” 2 HP Benchtop Table Saw
- A 10” x 40T carbide-tipped blade
- A powerful 2 HP motor
- 2000-4000 RPM
- Quick-release blade guard and riving knife
Technical Features of Grizzly Industrial G0869-10”
The table saw has the power and mass to perform, weighing more than 60 pounds. However, it is light enough to carry to and from the workshop or around the shop. The saw houses a 2-hp, 15-amp, 120-volt, single-phase motor. Moreover, you can adjust the speed between 2,000 and 4,000rpm by turning the dial to rip materials like laminates and plastics. Furthermore, the saw is equipped with a narrow-rip fence that will make room for push sticks when ripping narrow or thin materials.
Plus, you get a built-in extension bar for supporting material when working alone. The selling point is that it comes with the accessories to let your job done wherever you take it, even at your roadside workshop. You get a push stick, blade wrench, miter gauge, and a quick-changing riving knife.
Top Features of Grizzly Industrial G0869-10”:
- The saw comes with a 10” x 40T carbide-tipped blade.
- It packs a 2 HP motor that enables you to handle small to big cutting projects without hassle.
- The motor allows you to manage speed from 2000-4200 RPM while ripping other materials like some plastics and laminates.
- The narrow-rip fence flips down when cutting narrow or thin material, making space for push sticks.
- Macro and micro fence adjustments work coherently with rack and pinion adjustment, quickly and precisely.
- The built-in outfeed extension bar is designed to support elements when working solo.
- The blade can be adjusted to its full cutting height of 3-1/8 inches with a few handwheel turns.
- The saw comes with accessories like a push stick, quick-change riving knife, blade wrench, and miter gauge to get every job done effectively.
Pros and Cons of Grizzly Industrial G0869-10”
- The 2 HP motor offers excellent torque
- You can easily adjust the speed as your needs between 2000-4200RPM
- Perfectly rips narrow or thin materials
- It’s made of cast aluminum
- It has both tilt and height adjustment
- Micro and macro fence adjustments are quick
- The 10-inch blade is adjustable
- It has an impressive cutting height of 3-1/8 inches
- Durable and portable
- Built-in extension bar
- Makes precision cuts every time
- It features a quick-change riving knife, blade wrench, and miter gauge.
- The blade angle-adjusting system could be better.
8. Goplus 10” 15 AMP Portable Table Saw
Goplus 10” 15 AMP Portable Table Saw
- Height-adjustable carbide-tipped blade
- 15-Amp motor
- Sliding miter gauge
- 5000 RPM cutting speed.
Technical Features of Goplus 10” 15 AMP Portable Table Saw:
This is ideally the best table saw for novice woodworkers, depending on the price and specifications. The saw houses a 15amp motor that can generate speed up to 5,000 RPM. With the motor’s power and speed, you can cut through several timbers without bogging down, including hardwoods. Moreover, Goplus has equipped the device with an on/off safety switch, keeping in mind the safety of amateur workers. A ridge surrounds this switch to ensure that the motor doesn’t turn on accidentally.
The simple design of this table saw will also appeal to beginners. This stripped-down version will allow you to operate the device without becoming overwhelmed by options. Well, it features a self-aligning fence that first-time users will appreciate. In addition, you can see sharp, and large printed markings on the saw, allowing you to read without straining the eyes. Furthermore, Goplus has equipped the unit with a highly powerful 15-Amp motor that delivers 5,000 RPM cutting performance.
This means that you can deal with various hardwood easily. Furthermore, it is supported by a coated aluminum tabletop with a 26” rip capacity and 36T carbide-tipped blade. As a result, this table saw can handle the current workload and big projects in the future. Plus, there is a riving knife and transparent guard that prevent accidental hurt. Other advantages include double bevel cutting and adjustable height, allowing bevel cut at 45⁰ –2 ½” and 90⁰- 3”. Also, you can adjust the miter gauge from -45⁰ to 45⁰ to get a cross-cut.
Top Features of Goplus 10” 15 AMP Portable Table Saw:
- The saw houses a powerful 15-amp motor that operates, emitting low noise.
- It delivers the cutting performance of 5,000 RPM, letting you manage different hardwoods easily.
- The saw comes with a large hand wheel that controls the lifting of the blade. It is useful for various needs like ripping or slotting.
- The 36T carbide-tipped blade comes with a riving knife and transparent guard, ensuring safety while using the device.
- A self-aligning rip fence and parallel guide allow a more precise cut with no wobble.
Pros and Cons of Goplus 10” 15 AMP Portable Table Saw
- The push stick offers extra safety while cutting a small woodblock
- The powerful, pure-copper motor can cut nearly all wood materials
- It comes with an aluminum tabletop
- It’s affordable
- The saw packs various safety features
- Easy to use
- Thoughtfully designed.
- It takes a bit of time to assemble
- Quality could have been better
- It has no connector to vacuum, thus, resulting in sawdust flies when cutting wood.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Table Saw
While we have completed a number of table saw reviews, there are so many other things that you should consider so as to get the best table saw for the money. Here are some of the essential factors that you should bear in mind when buying your table saw:
#1. User Friendly
The main objective of your table saw is to make work easier for you. As such, when you go out shopping for a table saw, you need to find one that has versatile features, but easy to use. You do not want to end up with a complicated model that will make it hard for you to get accurate cuts as you would desire. Ensure that you fully comprehend each feature and how it works. Check how compatible the table saw is with the essential accessories and different inserts to enhance its performance.
#2. Cutting and Motor Power
You would need to find the best-rated table saw and this will mainly be influenced by the capabilities that it has. The cutting power of the table saw is what will make it a viable option. This means that you will look at the power of the motor and the RPM. You should also check the rip capacity as well as the depth cutting abilities so as to make an informed decision on the table saw that will serve your needs effectively. Check the different types of cuts that your table saw can offer before making your purchase.
#3. Space Available
As we mentioned earlier, there are so many different types of table saws. Some are bigger than others, while others have a compact design and can be folded for easier storage. In order to pick the best table saw for home use or even professional woodworking, you need to factor in the amount of space that is available. In most cases, table saws are meant for large cutting tasks and as such, they may come with a long fence trail and table. You should ensure that you have sufficient space for this purpose.
#4. Safety Features
While it is important to consider the various features that a table saw comes with, it is imperative to look at the safety feature. Some of the amazing safety features that you can go for include anti-kickback, flesh detection, and any other feature that will prevent any serious injuries from occurring. Learning how each part works is also an essential consideration when it comes to enhancing your safety.
You should have a budget line in mind and the amount of money that you are willing to spend on purchasing a table saw. It is important to consider the various table saw reviews so as to make sure that you end up with the best value table saw. Different models of the table saws may cost different prices. The essential consideration is to look at the features that you are getting for a specific price. This is what will allow you to get the best table saw for the money.
For In-depth Information About How To Buy a Good Quality table Saw You Can Go Here
How to Safely Use a Table Saw?
Getting the best budget table saw is amazing and would allow you to accomplish a number of cutting tasks without a problem. Table saws are quite versatile and will make it easy to cut large pieces of materials effortlessly. This will help you save time and money, but you need to learn how to use it properly and in a safe manner. Here is a simple guide to help you use your table saw in a safe way:
- Use the Manual
Before attempting to use the table saw, you should read the manual over and over again. This will help you install it and start using the table saw safely. While most table saws are similar, be sure to read the manual that comes with your table saw.
- Wear Protective Clothing
There are a number of protective clothing and accessories that you should wear before using the table saw. You need to get a hard hat, safety goggles, and gloves for your hands. When you protect your hands, ears, and eyes from injuries, you will enhance your safety. There is no possibility of the debris and sawdust of getting into your ears or eyes when you are in the protective gear. You should get earplugs that will protect your eardrums from the loud noise of the table saw.
- Use the Right Accessories for Cutting
If you want to cut narrow or shortboards, you need to be concerned with the clearance for your hands. As such, you need to use the ideal accessories to enhance your safety, like the push shoe, splitter, or the push stick, depending on the specific task at hand. This will help you guide your wood without posing any danger to your hands.
- Make Use of Clearance Inserts
When you have to handle the extremely thin boards, you will need to get adequate protection for your fingers. The clearance inserts are ideal for this purpose. Generally, these are a piece of wood that will fit well between the saw blade and the side fence. The clearance insert should be used with pushing devices.
- Ensure the Blade Guard is in Place
The blade guard is one of the essential accessories for the best-rated table saw. This will ensure that the fingers are kept away from the blade and also prevents any cases of kicking back. If your table saw does not come with a blade guard, you should ensure that you purchase one. Click here for more information on table saw blades.
- Identify the emergency power switch
This is a necessary safety measure that should not be taken lightly. You need to locate where the emergency power-off switch is located. Ideally, when there is an emergency, this will help you to turn off your table saw pretty fast. In most cases, this is usually in the form of a pedal or a large button, which you can easily reach with your leg if your hands are engaged.
- Do Not Wear Loose Clothing and Accessories
Anytime that you are working with your table saw, you should stay away from any loose clothing or jewelry as they can easily be caught by the machine and cause serious injuries and damages to the machines. You should not come in buggy clothing or a tie to the worksite. If you have long hair, you need to tie it back and ensure that it is away from the table saw.
With these simple steps, you will be able to use the top-rated table saws without much of a problem. You should always consult the manufacturer in the event that you are not sure how to operate the table saw.
Check The Infographic of Table Saw Woodworking Safety Rules.
Table Saw Safety Tips:
It is a great feeling to get the best table saw for the money and being able to use it properly. In addition to learning how to buy and use your table saw, here are some safety tips that will go a long way in helping you achieve the desired results and use the table saw properly.
- Always wear safety equipment when you are using the table saw. As discussed earlier, you need to wear earplugs, safety goggles as well as other safety clothing. In a bid to enhance safety, you should avoid using the table with loose clothing or accessories.
- Ensure that your job site is always clean when using your table saw for home use. When you have too many cutoffs and sawdust in the working environment, it may impair your ability to get the visibility required to make accurate cuts.
- Before commencing any cutting tasks, check the safety features on the table saw so as to ensure that they are functional. You would not want to get any unpleasant surprises when an incident happens and realize at that point that the safety features are faulty.
- Whenever you need to make any internal adjustments, you should have the power disconnected. This includes changing the blade or any other adjustment. Disconnection from power ensures that the table saw is not switched on accidentally.
- Never start the saw with the blade engage in the stock. The blade should be spinning freely and once the maximum speed has been achieved, you can start the cutting process.
- Always maintain a good posture when working with the table saw. Do not stand directly in front of the table saw’s blade as this may be dangerous in the event of a kickback. Keep a good balance of the body at all times.
- If the blade is in motion you should never attempt to make any adjustments on the blade or the fence. You should be patient and wait for the blade to stop completely before you can reach over to make your desired adjustments.
- Get the proper inserts for various tasks that are performed using the best value table saw. For instance, when you are using a stacked dado blade, you should find the proper insert and also use a zero clearance blade insert where necessary. Failure to use a blade insert may cause injuries and damages as a piece of stock may land in the saw cabinet and be released like a missile.
- A fence or a miter gauge should always be used when making cuts using the best table saw for the money. You should never at any point try to guide your stock using your free hand since this would be a great risk. It is important to note that you should either use a miter gauge or a fence and not both of them together.
- Examine your stock for any foreign objects before begging to cut. Remove any nails, staples, or even a knot that may be in the wood. This will prevent any kickback when the stock comes into contact with the spinning blade.
- Always use push devices when cutting shortboards and narrow pieces of stock. This will prevent any chances of your fingers being caught by the blade when trying to guide your stock. Some table saws will come with push devices, but if they do not have, you should buy from the manufacturer of your table saw.
These are amazing safety tips that will make it possible for you to use your table saw effectively, without compromising on your safety. You should stick to the guidelines that are provided in the manual that came with the table saw.
Table saw Accessories
There are quite a number of accessories that you should use with your best-rated table saw. The accessories may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but here are some of the common ones:
- Miter Gauge: This is used for purposes of guiding the stock when making cuts.
Read Here: Best Table Saw Miter Gauge Reviews.
- Extension Supports or Tables: This will enhance the work surface to make it more stable and also increase the working surface.
- Fence: This will also be used to guide the materials that are being cut so as to achieve accurate cuts.
- Mobile Stands: This helps you to move your table saw from one place to another conveniently.
- Dado sets: The set will help you to make straight slots and cut wide in a single pass. When making shelving and joinery applications the dado sets are quite useful.
Getting the best value table saw is quite a journey as you may have noticed. However, our table saw reviews have made the process much easier. We highly recommend the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10 In. Portable Worm Drive Table Saw as the best table saw for the money. This is due to its versatile features, especially the worm drive gear technology that makes cutting easier. If you found this article informative please feel free to share with your loved ones so that they can get the top-rated table saws, without a sweat.