As a woodwork enthusiast or contractor for that matter, you require the best equipment, right? The machines you choose for making wood products have to be top-notch so that you spend the least amount of time to get the most work done.
One of the best table saws that can help make your work easier and ship-shape is the SKILSAW Table Saw. This sturdy saw rips through any kind of material with ease with the help of its legendary worm drive gear. With this table, you will be assured that your projects will no longer stall and that you ca take ay project size without hesitation
If you are in the market searching for the best table saw to buy, you are in the right place. However, let’s first look at the few factors that can guide you to identify the best table saw for your needs.
Features of the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 Table Saw
- The SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 Table Saw is the first saw to have brass gears. It produces immense power and force to saw through any piece of timber. The device gives a horsepower of 5.0.
- It’s solidly constructed, with a dual-field motor of 15 Amp, which results in higher cutting speed and a longer motor life that will stand the test of time.
- Its rip fence aligns automatically with additional on-tool storage for precise cuts.
- The machine has a 25- inch rip capacity and a 3 ½ inches depth of cut for ripping quite an array of wooden materials.
- The unit weighs 49lbs, which is quite movable and compact for one person to carry.
- The whole unit measures 19.9 x 23.4 x 13.4 inches.
Next, are the Pros and Cons of the SKILSAW table saw to show you what to expect with this saw.
Pros and Cons of the SKILSAW Portable Table Saw
- Top-tier Functionality: The SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 Table Saw with 25″ Rip Capacity is a powerful machine that gives you top functionality. Once turned on, the diablo blade eats through the wood with ease and gives you straight and smooth cuts.
- Absence of vibration when working: When working, you will not be affected by any vibrations. The saw is very stable, eliminating any chances of fluctuations. Waves can be harmful to your work as they may make changes in the position of the board as well as the saw itself.
- Ease of operation: The miter gauge is to set-up. Beveling the blade is easy and fast to get either 45 degrees or 90 degrees. After the adjustment, it locks solid such that the angle is maintained throughout the cut. Additionally, the rip fence retains its position even when you apply pressure on it. With this, you do not have to worry about kickbacks or your working piece moving out of place.
- Ample working space: It has a table that extends to 4 inches wide which allows you to cut eve a 4 X 8 wood into smaller pieces.
- It is newbie-friendly: Being a type of a benchtop table saw, the SKILSAW Table Saw is newbie-friendly. Any person can find their way around the machine from the point of assembly to operation. As long as they have a user manual or perhaps a video tutorial, using the device is easy. The adjustments are smooth, ad it can help one to gain mastery in a matter of trials.
- The machine operates in a moderate sound: Once turned on, the SKILSAW Table Saw is not loud at all. Also, as you work, the machine throws the sawdust off to the back away from the table. So you work in moderate sound and on a clean counter.
- The lightweight of the machine makes it easy to store and move around: If you have a job at the other side of town, the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 Table Saw is the perfect tool for you. Having the liberty to move it around from place to place quickly means that you will not have to pass on any opportunity to create something. Furthermore, the unit can fit very well in the trunk of any spacious car. It only weighs 58lbs.
- The unit comes without a stand: On purchase, the machine comes without a stand. You need to buy a tad separately before the machine arrives at your workshop. It’s impossible to work with the device on the floor or an unstable surface. Hence, you need to get a stable table or a working surface to get the best results. This inconveniences anyone who is using the unit remotely as this forces them to carry the table with them everywhere they go.
- Position of the blade is not square with the table: This poses a disadvantage as it makes the fence not align squarely directly with the blade. For a lot of people used to working with other table saws, it may take time adjusting to this one.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Table Saw
If you are looking to buy a table saw, there are a few things you have to consider to make your purchase worthwhile. Even as you take a look at the specs of the Skilsaw SPT70WT-01 Table Saw, make sure it fits your needs. So without any further ado, let us get started on the few pointers you should consider.
1. Where and How Will the Table Saw be Used?
The first thing to look at is the place you will use the table saw ad the purpose. The ‘where’ might be your workshop or a factory setting, of which both will require different kinds of a table saw. The how is dependent on the expected workload.
2. Which Type of Table Saws Fits Your Needs?
Table saws are divided into three major types; benchtops, contractor, and cabinet saws.
Benchtops Table Saws
The benchtops are also known as job site table saws. These are the smallest of the table saws built. Because of their small size, they also tend to be lighter when compared to the other two. They are best for the DIYers who are not necessarily masters yet when it comes to woodwork. They are mostly very basic and are perfect for small projects in your garage. Additionally, they are very portable hence can be moved from one spot to another. The SKILSAW Table Saw falls in this category of table saws.
You can simply use the saw and store it back inside a big cabinet, and no one will know it is there. These types of table saw mostly do not have a leg system and are chiefly placed on benchtops, hence the name.
Contractor Table Saws
These are bigger than the benchtop table saws. They are perfect for a DIYer at the intermediate stage, who are open to trying more complicated woodwork projects or are simply producing woodwork items on a larger scale. They have the horsepower in the range 1 to 2 and a voltage of 120 V, although some may come with a higher horsepower capacity.
Additionally, they also have spacious tables that can handle large wooden boards. Overall they weigh around 200 to 300 pounds, and they are therefore not very portable and would require another machine or several people to carry it.
They may or may not have legs or wheels for movement.
When it comes to this third type of table saws, they are the heavy-duty ones that can run for long hours and still do a great job. They are particularly not mobile, and that is due to their hefty weight. These are the kinds that need their own space for storage and use. They also come with their own whole unit, including legs and sometimes a wheeler for mobility where a need arises.
They are used by professionals who know their way around a table saw. Such table saws run on a higher horsepower of around 3 to 5. The cabinet table saws have large table extensions, and their precision is remarkably accurate down to the split of a hairline. These table saws can achieve cuts on both broad and narrow pieces.
3. What Features Benefit You Most?
Well, not all machinery is made the same. Some are better at bevel cuts while others on different cuts. Thus you should pick a machine that suits your needs best. Some of the features that can be a guiding light are like power of table saw, wing additions of table saw, blade of table saw, bevel capacity of table saw, among others. Your expertise and workload will determine the features you should check.
Now let’s look at the features of the SKILSAW Table Saw to ensure that you understand what you will get from the saw.
Choose for Skilsaw Table Saw which Requires Minimal Working Experience
The SKILSAW Table Saw qualifies as an exceptional table saw. The machine makes it very easy for anyone with a passion for woodwork to get on board and learn fast. With its ease in mobility and usage, all you need is a little space to spare, and you are good to go.